Vesaan Technologies Private Limited (“Medikoe) is the owner and publisher of www. medikoe.com (the “Website” which term shall mean and include the mobile application and other online resources owned and maintained by Medikoe). All of the Services provided through the Website shall be that owned by Medikoe.
This Policy shall constitute a valid and binding agreement between users, health care providers and Medikoe with regard to collection, storage and use of information.
This Policy shall not include the collection or use of information by any third parties including any third party links or advertisements present anywhere on the Website.
All Users and Practitioner as well as any other person accessing the Website or availing the Services shall be bound by this Policy. Should you choose not to be bound by this Policy you are requested to immediately refrain from accessing the Website or from availing any of the Services.
Any person using the Website or the Services on behalf of any other person or entity hereby represents that he has the necessary authority to represent such person or entity and that you are authorised to accept the terms of this Policy on behalf of such person or entity.
This Policy shall set out how Medikoe collects information from Users and Practitioners, the purposes for which we collect the information, how the information collected by Medikoe is stored and the use of such information by Medikoe.
By continuing to access the Website, Users hereby represent and warrant that they consent to the collection, storage and use of their information by Medikoe as per the terms of this Policy.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- All of the Services offered on the Website are intended for use only by registered Users. Users shall be required to create an individual account so as to avail the Services.
- Medikoe shall require certain personal information pertaining to the User for creating a User Account. Such information shall include but not be limited to details regarding name, age, gender, address, contact details, information related to your medical history and information relating to the User’s insurance policy.
- By agreeing to this Policy you hereby consent to the collection of information by Medikoe and the creation of User Accounts and Practitioner Profiles displaying such information collected by Medikoe. You further consent to receiving targeted advertisements based on the information you submit or is otherwise collected by Medikoe.
- Users may restrict who may view their personal information and such information shall not be shared with or be disclosed to any other User. However, in the event the User wishes to contact a Practitioner or avail the services of any Practitioner, the above mentioned information collected by Medikoe shall be shared with such Practitioner and the User hereby consents to the same. However, no personally identifiable information shall be disclosed with any User or Practitioner unless with the consent of the User.
- Medikoe shall also collect information pertaining to Practitioners. This shall include but not be limited to personally identifiable information of the Practitioner including contact details, details regarding the Practitioners qualifications, experience and license details. The information collected from the Practitioners shall be displayed publicly on their profile within the Website and the Practitioner hereby consents to the same.
- However, Medikoe shall not display the personal address or contact details of any Practitioner unless the Practitioner uses such details for providing his services.
- Medikoe may also collect and store certain information pertaining to your payments including but not limited to name of the card holder, account number and card details. This information shall be used for easier future payments. However, you may choose what information Medikoe may store on its servers.
- Medikoe shall also collect and store any and all communications between Users and Practitioners made anywhere on the Website including but not limited to the telephone/mobile conversations made through the Website.
- Practitioners may avail the listing services of Medikoe even without registering on the Website by providing their name, area of practice, address contact number and such other information as requested for by Medikoe.
- Medikoe shall collect information in the following manners:
- At the time of User/Practitioner registration and account creation. Medikoe shall collect and store all information provided by the User/Practitioner at the time of creating their respective account/profile;
- Through any polls or surveys conducted by Medikoe in which the Users and Practitioners may participate in.
- At the time of making payments by the Users and Practitioners;
- Additionally Medikoe may also receive certain information from its service partners, agents, representatives, associates and affiliates.
- All of the information collected by Medikoe shall be in compliance with any and all applicable laws.
- Medikoe may use the information collected for commercial purposes as well as for advertising and promotional purposes.
- All of the information made available anywhere on the Website or the Services shall be provided on an as is basis and Medikoe makes no representations or warranties regarding the same. Users and Practitioners may rely on the same at their sole option and risk.
- Users and Practitioners hereby grant in favour of Medikoe a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive right to use the information collected or obtained by it for the purposes set forth herein as well as for any other reason permitted under law.
- USE OF INFORMATION
- Medikoe shall use the information collected from Users and Practitioners for the following purposes:
- For the creation of the User Accounts and Practitioner Profiles. The information may also be displayed on the respective User’s/Practitioner’s account/profile. The information may also be used by Medikoe so as to verify the identity of the User or Practitioner. Medikoe shall to the best of its efforts attempt to display all information collected in a proper and accurate manner. In the event any information is incorrectly displayed by Medikoe, Medikoe shall rectify any such errors at the earliest on being notified of the same. However, Medikoe shall not be liable for any such errors;
- The main intent behind the collection of information is to provide Users with the Services as well as to ensure that the same is provided in a smooth, efficient and error free manner.
- Contact information collected from Users and Practitioners shall also be used to send regular communications to them and the Users and Practitioners hereby consent to the same. Communications sent by Medikoe shall be pertaining to the Services, account/profile details, offers, newsletters and feedback requests. Users and Practitioners may continue receiving communications from Medikoe even after the termination of their respective account/profile or in the event the same is disabled by the User/Practitioner. Practitioners shall also receive communications regarding any appointments and bookings made by Users. However, Medikoe shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury including death due to any errors or inaccuracies in any communication transmitted by it.
- Certain information collected from Users and Practitioners, including but not limited to any reviews or feedback, shall also be used so as to improve upon the existing Services, to develop new services, for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes as well as for analysing User and Practitioner patterns.
- Medikoe shall use the information collected from Users and Practitioners for the following purposes:
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- Medikoe does not, under any circumstances, divulge, sell or trade any information that it may have collected from Users and Practitioners.
- Medikoe shall notify the Users and Practitioners on any disclosures it may make. However, Medikoe shall be under no obligation to notify the User or Practitioner for every instance of disclosure by Medikoe.
- Medikoe shall also disclose certain User information required by Practitioners for the rendering of their services or for any other purpose for which consent has been obtained from Medikoe. Similarly, Medikoe shall also disclose certain Practitioner information to Users so as to help Users in selecting the Practitioner best suited to their requirements.
- Medikoe may, while providing its Services, disclose certain information collected to its directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and associates. All such disclosure made by Medikoe shall be on a’ need to’ basis. Employees and such other persons as mentioned above shall be required to obtain consent from Medikoe prior to accessing or using any information stored on the Medikoe servers.
- Medikoe shall be obligated to make any and all disclosures required under law, by any governmental authority or by a court having jurisdiction over it.
- Medikoe’s duty of confidentiality shall not extend over any information published, displayed, transmitted or made public anywhere on the Website.
- In the event that Medikoe is acquired or acquires or merges by or with any other entity, then Medikoe may disclose certain information to such new entity acquiring it/acquired by it/it merges with.
- Medikoe shall not be liable for any unauthorised disclosure made in the interest of the safety and security of its employees, Users or Practitioners.
- STORAGE AND SECURITY
- Medikoe realises that all of the information provided by or obtained from the Users and Practitioners is of a highly sensitive and confidential nature and hence Medikoe uses best efforts to effectively maintain the safety and security of all User and Practitioner information.
- Medikoe shall, as is reasonable, attempt to protect any and all of the information provided to it by Users and Practitioners from any unauthorised use, disclosure, theft, loss or destruction.
- Medikoe adopts measures in accordance with the current industrial standards. However, Medikoe makes no representations, of any manner, with regard to the safety and security of the information although it has adopted the highest industrial standards and Users and Practitioners hereby accept and agree that the same may not prove completely effective and hence Medikoe shall not be liable for any loss, theft, unauthorised use, disclosure or destruction of any information despite reasonable care by Medikoe.
- Medikoe may make physical copies of certain information stored with it and it shall adopt appropriate physical security measures to ensure the safety and security of the same.
- Users and Practitioners shall be solely responsible in maintaining the security of their respective accounts and profiles. Users and Practitioners shall not share or disclose their account/profile details including but not limited to the login credentials to any person including to any other User or Practitioner.
- Any User or Practitioner suspecting any unauthorised use of their respective accounts or profiles shall immediately notify the same to Medikoe by writing to email@example.com.
- Medikoe shall have no obligation of confidentiality over any of the following information:
- Any information already available in the public domain;
- Any information known to it prior to this Policy and if the same can be proved;
- Any information it may be required to disclose to comply with any law, governmental authority or court having competent jurisdiction.
- Any information disclosed due to no fault of Medikoe;
- Any information made public by the User or Practitioner on the Website or in any place where it may be viewed by persons other than Users and Practitioners.
- Any information that has been anonymized and is not personally identifiable to any User or Practitioner.
- MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION
- Users and Practitioners shall be free to manage any and all of the information provided by them to Medikoe subject to the terms contained herein.
- Users and Practitioners may also edit, change or remove the information displayed or made public on their respective accounts/profiles.
- Users and Practitioners are requested to constantly ensure that all of the information provided by them to Medikoe is up to date, accurate and complete in all material aspects at all times.
- Users and Practitioners may also temporarily or permanently delete their respective accounts/profiles by requesting the same to Medikoe. Medikoe shall on receipt of a request from a User or Practitioner, disable or delete their account/profile.
- In the event a User or Practitioner terminates or permanently disables their account. Medikoe may remove all associated information from all of its servers on the expiry of 30 (Thirty) days from the date of termination.
- However, Medikoe may, in its sole discretion, deny any request to remove, change or edit any of the information collected or obtained by it in the event that such removal, changes or editing may compromise the security of any other information stored with it or in the event that the cost of removing, editing or changing such information shall outweigh the need for the same.
- Medikoe shall not be liable for any loss, damage, destruction of information suffered by any User or Practitioner due to any event or reason beyond the control of Medikoe, including but not limited to any Acts of God, war, riots, blackouts, short circuits, electrical or voltage spikes, viruses or hacking.
- In the event that Medikoe is acquired by or merges with any other entity, then all rights and obligations of Medikoe shall shift to the benefit of the new entity.
- USE BY MINORS
- The Website and the Services of Medikoe are intended for use only by such persons who have attained the age of 18 years. Medikoe does not facilitate or encourage the use of the Website or the Services by minors.
- Parents and guardians are requested to supervise all use of the Website or the Services by minors.
- Medikoe shall not be liable in the event any minor discloses any confidential or personally identifiable information anywhere on the Website.
- USER AND PRACTITIONER OBLIGATIONS
- Users and Practitioners may use the Website and the Services only in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Users and Practitioners shall ensure that all of the information provided by them to Medikoe is true, accurate and complete. Medikoe shall not be liable for any loss or damages caused to any Party in the event that any of the information provided by the Users or Practitioners is found to be false, misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent or incomplete.
- Users and Practitioners shall not make public or disclose any information obtained through Medikoe that pertains to any other User or Practitioner. The Users and Practitioners shall treat all information obtained by them or otherwise made available by Medikoe as confidential with the same degree of care employed by them over any of their Confidential Information.
- Users and Practitioners are hereby expressly restricted from accessing or attempting to access the account of any other User or Practitioner.
- Users and Practitioners are further restricted from breaching or circumventing or attempting to breach or circumvent any of the safety and security measures maintained by Medikoe.
- Users and Practitioners shall not provide Medikoe or otherwise upload, publish, display or make public anywhere on the Website any information, content or material that belongs to a third party and for which necessary rights and consents have not been obtained.
- Practitioners shall ensure that all of the information provided by them to the Users including but not limited to any diagnosis, opinions, advice, prescriptions and treatment options are in the best interest of the Users and that the same shall not be in violation of any applicable law. Users hereby accept and agree that all opinion and advice is provided on an ‘as is’ basis directly from the Practitioner and Medikoe shall not be liable in the event any such opinion or advices is incorrect, misleading or otherwise results in any loss, damage or injury including death.
- LINKS AND ADVERTISEMENTS
- Medikoe makes no representations or warranties of any manner regarding the reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information present on any third party links and advertisements and Users and Practitioners may rely on the same only after consultation with an expert and at their sole risk and option.
- Medikoe reserves the right to amend, alter, modify or remove any and all provisions of this Policy at any time without providing any prior notice.
- The revised Policy shall be made available on the Website for the Users and Practitioners perusal.
- Any continued use of the Website or the Services by any User or Practitioner after any revisions to this Policy shall be construed as the acceptance of the revised policy by such User or Practitioner.
- CONTACT US
- Users or Practitioners may contact us at anytime with regard to any issues or queries they may have with regard to the Medikoe Services and this Policy.
- Users and Practitioners may contact Medikoe by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customers may also write to Medikoe at the following address:
- Users and Practitioners hereby accept and agree that by using the Website or any of the Services they consent to the provisions of this Policy.