Yoga poses for children
Bangalore Yoga Centre
Basavanagudi, Apr 12, 2018
Children these days don’t often have the liberty to play around and be physically active. Kids are born acrobats and gymnasts, which can be seen as they naturally play. But unfortunately, with the invention of other sources of entertainment, they lose their agility more early these days. These few yoga poses for children will help them maintain their flexibility:
- Lie on your belly, with arms by the side and palms facing upward.
- Exhale and bring your ankles close to your buttocks.
- Reach back with your hands and hold your ankles.
- Now inhale and lift your thighs above the floor and lift your head too.
- Continue breathing gently while gazing forward. Hold this pose for 15-20 seconds before coming back to initial position.
- On a flat surface, get down on all fours with the knee in line with hips and elbow and palms in line with shoulders. Your spine thus should be parallel to floor.
- Exhale and raise your spine while keeping your knees and palms intact. Loosen your head and don’t force it on to chest.
- Now gently inhale as you release your back and bring it to normal position.
- Position yourself in the exact way as the cat-pose.
- Now as you inhale, lift your chest and face to look forward thereby pushing your stomach downwards.
- Exhale gently and return to original position.
- Stand erect with buttocks and belly pulled inside, chest forward.
- Now place the left foot on the inner thigh of your right leg.
- Join the palms of your hands and extend it upward.
- Stretch your body including spine and maintain the pose for a few seconds.
- Now interchange the roles of legs and repeat.
- Sit down and kneel on the floor.
- Bend forward and place palms on the floor, with elbows on the ground and fingers intertwined.
- Place your head in front of the intervened fingers and slowly raise your abdomen and entire body upside down.
- Extend your body and hold this pose for a few seconds.