- by Dr Savita Kalgaonkar
- 0 Shares
- May 16 2017
Yoga for Hypertension (High BP)
Yoga is the ideal answer to handle your BP (blood pressure). Yoga gives complete ease to your mind, body & soul. Yoga practices give amazing advantages to the individuals that are experiencing Hypertension in common terms we know as high BP.
Blood pressure or hypertension
The power or force of the blood in the arteries is BP or Blood pressure. At the point when our heart beats, it pumps the blood around the body to give vitality & oxygen to the body. Normal blood pressure ranges from 120/80-140/90 mm of hg. More than 141-91 mm of hg is on higher side which is medically termed as ‘Hypertension’. Regularly high blood pressure can damage arteries, heart itself and worst case can injure brain. This hypertension is a noiseless executioner. It is more unsafe on the grounds that it shows no symptoms or indications. Hence, the main way you can discover is by getting yourself checked routinely.
Causes of hypertension
The most well-known kind of hypertension found is ‘Essential hypertension’. It is an autonomous condition. This implies it is not activated by other therapeutic conditions such as - diabetes, heart related issues or kidney failing.
- The main reason which causes hypertension is Stress. When you are under anxiety, your heart pulsates speedier & your veins tend to contract.
- There are different variables, for example - unfavorable way of life like smoking, drinking & taking drugs.
- Obesity along with improper lifestyle could be a contender for hypertension.
How to control hypertension?
None of the BP is acceptable neither a high nor a low, a proper balance & control is basic in the body. And wholesome dietary propensities add to keeping up the balance in your body & of course you can't forget the mind which also played a role. So, what can match both? The answer is Yoga.
Yoga asanas include breathing deliberately & profoundly, while synchronizing your body moves. They can help control your pulse naturally, especially by soothing anxiety.
- Yoga asanas soothe breathing pattern releasing pressure on heart which helps in slowing down the fast heart rate.
- Yoga helps in building expanding resistance & lessening occurrences of heart issues like heart assaults & strokes.
- Lack of sleep is an essential cause behind anxiety & high BP. Yoga can help balance the sleep patterns.
- Obesity can prompt hypertension. Daily routine with regards to yoga & a proper eating regimen balances body weight.
- Yoga provides positive vitality to the body & brain.
- Yoga makes you more joyful & more confident in life. Hence, brings down the hypertension.
Yoga practices to relax heart and release hypertension:
The accompanying yoga practices can help bring down the hypertension. It is the best to practice under the direction of an expert. Additionally, practice them at an easy & agreeable pace.
- Vajrasana or Diamond Pose: It controls heftiness & builds blood stream to the lower abdomen area.
- Sukhasana or sitting Crossed leg Pose: This thoughtful stance quiets and joins the body & mind. It decreases hypertension, as it makes your body more adjusted & your mind more free & cheerful.
- Setu Bandhasana or supported Bridge Pose: It energizes the kidneys & alleviates the nervous system. It controls the blood pressure in the body. (This practice need a little more care).
- Janusirsasana or One-legged Forward Bend: It works adequately on your tummy fat by massaging your stomach organs. By affecting weight reduction, it manages the blood pressure with the goal that it remains at a normal level.
- Paschimottanasana or Sitting Forward Bend Pose: It helps diminish greasy stores in the stomach area, in this way allowing weight reduction. It additionally goes about as a successful anxiety reliever and standardizes hypertension.
- Baddhakonasana or Bound Angle Pose: It energizes the heart & prompts better flow of blood everywhere throughout the body. It likewise lessens stress & exhaustion.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana or Sitting Half Spinal Twist: It energizes the heart & nervous system, normalizing the hypertension.
- Virasana or Hero Pose: It increases blood flow around the legs & aids in controlling pulse.
- Shavasana or Corpse Pose: It eases stress, weakness & sadness. It relaxes the body & makes it ready for a sound sleep. It likewise arouses blood circulation.
Pranayamas for hypertension:
- Full Yogic Breathing: It helps you inhale & exhale gradually. In case your heart rate is too fast, this method can help you slow down the rate. It eases down your entire body.
- Anuloma Viloma Pranayama or Alternate Nostril Breathing: This is a quieting & an effective pranayama. It channelizes the blood in the arteries and helps to soothe the walls of blood vessels resulting in reduction in blood pressure. It controls blood circulation in the head area as well.
- Bhramari Pranayama or Bee Breath: The vibrations produced by this bee breath pranayama resound inside. It profoundly relaxes the body & the mind. It eases strain & nervousness results in balancing hypertension.
Yoga is a holistic lifestyle as it is beneficial on all physical, mental, emotional and social aspects. It needs to be practiced with a good yoga teacher to get more out of every practice of yoga.
Happy Practicing Yoga!!
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.