- by Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Yoga for Constipation
Though no one talks about it, constipation commonly affects people frequently. Especially with the sedentary lifestyle and junk food consumption, the mornings have become increasingly difficult these days. Here are a few yoga poses that can help you regulate your bowel movement and help with constipation:
1. Ardha-Matsyendrasana (Half spinal twist):
- Sit down straight on the floor with your legs spread and toes facing towards the ceiling.
- Now bring your left foot under your right buttock.
- Lift your right foot and place it near your left knee.
- Now lift your hands and twist your body to the right, placing your right arm on ground behind your back and left arm on your right ankle.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds and gradually increase.
- Return to original position and repeat on the other side.
2. Pawanmuktasana (Wind relieving pose):
- Lie down on your back.
- Bring right knee to your chest and hold it with both hands.
- Gently try to rock or oscillate your body and hold this position for 10-20 seconds.
- Repeat with the left knee.
- Alternatively, you can also bring both knees together at the same time and do the exercise.
3. Halasana (Plow pose):
- Lie down on your back.
- Now exhale and gently raise your legs and torso in the air.
- Take the help of your hands to raise the body, but remember to keep your elbows on the ground.
- Raise till your entire torso and legs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Hold this position for 10-20 seconds and repeat.
4. Balasana (Child pose):
- Sit on the floor, with knees bent and feet tucked under.
- Lean forward on the mat with your hands stretched out.
- Do this until your forehead touches the ground.
- Breathe gently and hold this position as long as comfortable.
5. Crescent twist:
- Stand straight on the floor and join your hands to form a prayer position.
- Now bring your right leg forward and bend so that your knee makes an angle of 90 degrees, keeping your palms intact.
- Now twist towards your right side, bringing your left elbow outside the right knee.
- Hold the position for some time, and then repeat on the other side.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.