- by Dr Savita Kalgaonkar
- 0 Shares
- Feb 23 2018
Yoga for Better Digestion
There is a tendency of many people who get bloated stomach, puffy and heavy after almost every meal. It is very common if you feel it after a big meal once in a blue moon. But if it happens frequently then need special attention. Next thought comes in mind, shall I go immediately to doctor? The answer is NO. You can try for few yoga postures at home with regular practice which helps in improving digestion resulting in reducing all these digestive issues. Yoga asana can help to cleanse, stimulate, aid, and encourage good digestive function.
Root cause of all disorders lie in poor digestion and if we improve digestion will definitely help in improving health all together.
How does yoga asanas improve digestion?
- Yoga improves Agni (ayurvedic concept behind immunity and strength) helping enhancement in digestion with its rejuvenating powers.
- Yoga balances the metabolism.
- It regulates bowel movement and relieves constipation.
- It keeps the mind active and happy.
- It discourages fatty deposits.
- The body is effectively detoxed.
Few Yoga practices which will help to improve digestion
- Naukasana (Boat Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Sitting Half Spinal Twist)
Yoga is a holistic lifestyle as it is beneficial on all physical, mental, emotional and social aspects. It needs to be practiced with a good yoga teacher to get more out of every practice of yoga.
Happy Practicing Yoga!!
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.