- by Dt Shail Yadav
- 0 Shares
- Jan 20 2018
Why you should include sprouts in your diet
Sprouts are basically beans in their growth stage. The main reason they are beneficial is because their nutrient content is more than that of the un-sprouted form. Sprouts are highly beneficial when consumed raw because once heated most of the contents are lost. Here’s how sprouts are beneficial for you:
- Sprouts are highly beneficial because of their nutritional value. It is rich in protein, fibre and essential vitamins as well as minerals. They are also a source of vital enzymes required by the system.
- The high enzyme quantity boosts metabolism and chemical reactions within the body. The enzymes play an important role in digestion as they break down the food and increase absorption of nutrients.
- The high fibre also improves digestion and facilitates easy passage of stool, preventing constipation and diarrhoea.
- Sprouts are a rich source of protein which is essential for bone and muscle growth, cell and organ repair and skin regeneration.
- The iron content in sprouts facilitate RBC production and prevents anaemia.
- It is a low calorie diet source and also makes you feel full for longer hours, making it perfect weight loss food.
- Provides good cholesterol and improves heart health by reducing BP and the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- The Vitamin A and C in sprouts boost immunity by stimulating white blood cells and has antioxidant properties.
- Sprouts have health as well as medicinal benefits making them a prefect agent to improve the functioning and development of the body.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.