- by Dt Silky Mahajan
- 0 Shares
- Jan 12 2018
WHY YOU SHOULD INCLUDE AVOCADOS IN YOUR DIET
Commonly called as butter fruit, avocados are one of the more nutrient rich natural fruits that contains vital ingredients the body requires. Let’s take a look at the possible health benefits of including avocados in your diet.
- It is the only fruit that provides the body with an adequate amount of unsaturated fatty acids required by the body
- Avocados are a rich source of vital vitamins like B6, C, E and K. It is also a good source of minerals like potassium, folate, niacin etc.
- Although rich in fats, they are all highly beneficial fats that keeps blood sugar levels in check.
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels and keeps the heart healthy.
- Avocados are good for your vision as they prevent damage and age related issues like macular degeneration
- A rich source in vitamin K which is very good for bone health, avocados can prevent osteoporosis
- People who eat avocados have lower risk of depression as it contains folate that prevents build-up of homocysteine, a substance that prevents nutrients from reaching the brain
- It prevents constipation and helps in maintaining a healthy digestive tract as it is rich in fibre
Excess of anything isn’t good for the body so consume avocados in moderation. It is best to have a diet that has variety to ensure overall good health.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.