WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE OATS FOR BREAKFAST
Dt Silky Mahajan
Jp nagar, Bengaluru Jan 3, 2018
Oats is one of the healthiest grains that make a perfect breakfast. It is packed with all the essential nutrients which will help you kick start your day on high energy levels and keeps you going throughout the day. Oats can me consumed as boiled oatmeal or in the form of bars, cookies or muffins.
It is a gluten free grain that is rich in vitamins, fibres, minerals and antioxidants. Oats has very high nutritional value and have many health benefits:
- It is a well-balanced grain because it contains all essentials in the required quantity. It has proteins, carbs, fibres and fats. Oats also has all important minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
- It contains an antioxidant called avenanthramides that help lower blood pressure and improves blood flow by dilating blood vessels. It also prevents inflammation and itching.
- Oats is a rich source of beta-glucan fibre which lowers bad cholesterol and sugar levels. Additionally, it aids weight loss by making you feel full for longer.
- It is good for people who are overweight and also lowers blood sugar levels of those suffering from type 2 diabetes as it improves insulin sensitivity
- Being a filling food it helps you lose weight as it reduces your calorie intake
- The fibre rich grain is good for the digestive tract and prevents constipation
- Oats is food for the skin too and can even be applied like a face pack for younger looking skin
You can take oats along with your favourite fresh and dry fruits for a highly nutritious and delicious breakfast every morning.