- by Jiyo Natural
- 0 Shares
- Jan 13 2018
WHY YOU SHOULD GIVE RAGI A TRY
Millets, commonly called as Ragi had made its way into the kitchen many years ago. It is a commonly grown crop in South India and is consumed by a large population. Ragi is one of the best natural sources to build your strength, here’s how:
- It beats any of your supplements and is a rich source of Calcium. Instead of popping the pills, mix a spoon of ragi with hot water or milk and drink it once it cools down. You can even have it with buttermilk and a pinch of salt which helps increase your strength that cool down your system.
- Substitute rice with ragi balls commonly called as Ragi Mudde. It will not only help you achieve your weight loss goals but ensures it happens healthily as it strengthens your bones and reduces fatigue.
- Ragi as a semi-solid food is the best to feed your babies. It is as good as any baby food and gives all the nutrients and aids their growth.
- Being rich in fibre, it improves your metabolism, prevents constipation and enhances your bowel movements.
- Fibres also lower cholesterol levels and ragi is also perfect for diabetes patients as it regulates blood sugar levels.
- It works wonders on your skin as it prevents wrinkling and helps you maintain youthful skin.
- Being rich in iron, it increases haemoglobin levels as is a good supplement for anemic patients.
There are so many ways in which you can consume this wonder grain. Dosas, rotis or in liquid form, ragi is one of the best natural sources to ensure your body receives all required nutrients.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.