- by Dr Jaya Sharma
- 1 Shares
- Dec 02 2017
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER GIVING MAKE-UP A MISS
Make-up has become an everyday necessity in a woman’s life in the present world. Everyone wants to meet the pseudo beauty standards set by society and make-up makes everyone feel attractive and boosts self-confidence.
But, this practice has many harmful side effects that have a lasting impact on the skin and cannot be ignored.
- The chemicals in make-up are absorbed by the skin throughout the day and this causes major skin damage as time passes. This damage increases if the make-up is retained overnight.
- Using concealers and other products to cover up pimples and other blemishes, further blocks and contaminates the pore thus further worsening the skin condition as the pimples grow and spread.
- Products like lipsticks and eye shadows blacken the lips and darkens the eyes and dark circles
- Hair products and gadgets cause split-ends, greying, hairfall and breakage due to the heat raised and chemicals involved
- The rashes, pimples and pigmentation develops over the years and increases the rate of aging. The skin begins to age faster and wrinkles etc. begin to appear because of the chemicals and the face does not age gracefully.
- Make-up does not let the skin breath. It blocks pores and the chemicals form a layer than prevent easy breathing which not only causes rashes and pimples but irritates skin and dulls the natural glow of skin.
- The chemical compounds like lead, parabens, mineral oils etc. may even be carcinogenic and increase the risk of breast and ovarian cancers.
Try make-up free or a minimalistic make-up routine for better, blemish free and younger looking skin. If you have any skin related issues or queries, consult a dermatologist.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.