Why women should consider weight training
Btm layout, Bengaluru Apr 5, 2018
It is a common misconception, for a number of reasons, women do not lift weights in the gym. They stick to long hours on the treadmill and other cardio exercises but don’t opt for weight lifting.
Benefits of women weight training
Here’s why women lifting weights 3-4 times a week is a good routine
- Weight training promotes lean muscle building which in turn improves metabolism. A higher metabolism means more calories are burnt which helps you lose weight effectively.
- It is a misconception that women will bulk up if they lift weights. Instead, what actually happens is their muscles get more defined, and strengthen making you stronger without sizing up.
- Weight training also strengthens your bones, increases your bone density and reduces risk of osteoporosis and fractures.
- It strengthens bones, joints and ligaments relieves arthritic pains, prevents injuries and improves performance.
- Weight training boosts metabolism and helps in breaking down fats stored in the body.
- This routine strengthens your back and core reducing back pain and improving one’s posture as well.
- Weight training promotes the release of endorphins, feel-good hormones that alleviate pain and improve your mood.
Ladies, lifting weights don’t make you bulk up and is a very beneficial routine. Try it out!