Why try a Sandalwood face pack
Dr. Mini Nair
Koramangala, karnataka, india, Bengaluru Mar 23, 2018
Sandalwood powder has been an ingredient in many treatment options from ancient times thanks to its magical properties. Dried and powdered sandalwood commonly called chandan or chandanam is a highly fragrant substance that has many beneficial properties for the skin.
- Applying sandalwood paste on you face is an easy natural solution for pimples and acne trouble. It is effective thanks to its antibacterial, antiseptic and exfoliating properties.
- The powder is slightly rough in texture which helps exfoliate the skin, cleaning out all the dirt and unclogs pores while its antiseptic properties remove bacterial infections and sebum that cause breakouts or inflammation.
- Its anti-oxidative properties reduce the oxidative stress on the skin which effectively slows down signs of aging. It aids in boosting skin’s elastic properties which relieves wrinkles and age spots, keeping you looking younger for longer.
- After a long day in the sun, a sandalwood face pack is very refreshing as it soothes the skin. It also prevents skin peeling, treats sunburns and works as a good moisturising agent.
- Another reason why sandalwood is popular in akin care products is because of its ability to lighten skin. Regular application of this paste lightens blemishes, sun spots, discolorations and scars making it a natural skin brightening ingredient.
- The oil present in sandalwood powder works great on dry skin, moisturises it by working directly on the skin, keep it hydrated, soft and less susceptible to cracking.
- Its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties are beneficial in treating wounds, burns and scars as they fasten the healing process. Additionally, it also protects the area from any infection during the healing process.
You can either buy the powder of use the traditional method of making the paste using the chandan stick and grinding stone. Try this effective face pack at home and see the difference.