- by Bangalore Yoga Centre
- 4 Shares
- Dec 05 2017
WHY PRACTICE SURYA NAMASKAR?
Surya Namaskar or sun salutation is a practice that dates back in time and has been religiously practiced because of the ample number of benefits it provides. It translates to mean offering our salutations to the sun as it is the source of light and life.
It is believed that the sun directly reflects on our solar plexus which is the second brain of our body. So, what are the benefits of doing Surya Namaskar every day? Let’s find out!
- Enhancing the solar plexus results in enhanced intuition and creativity.
- The active inhaling and exhaling keep the blood oxygenated and is a great detox as it gets rid of carbon dioxide and other toxic gases from the body.
- The yoga poses are as good as any cardio and also helps you lose the excess fat around your belly. It is a great way to keep your body toned.
- Surya Namaskar is great for women as it regulates menstrual cycles and also eases childbirth.
- Regular practice enhances the blood circulation in your body giving you that natural glow. It promotes graceful aging, gives you radiant skin and prevents the early onset of wrinkles.
- It also improves hair growth and keeps it healthy preventing early greying or aging of hair
- It enhances the functioning of the brain and reduces stress levels improving your mental health
- Relieves joint pains and stiffness, improving the flexibility and strength of the body
- Improves the metabolism and relieves constipation
- Promotes healthy sexual desire
If you have any related questions and want to consult with an expert then, you can find one near you on Medikoe. Medikoe is a platform that helps you connect with certified and experienced doctors or healthcare practitioner near you for the best in class medical advice and treatment.
Have a quick question? Get your health-related questions answered for free by experts within 24 hours on Medikoe.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.