- by Jiyo Natural
- 0 Shares
- Jan 18 2018
Why is Vitamin B12 important?
Vitamin B12 is one of the 8 B vitamins and goes by the name cobalamin. B vitamins help the body generate energy by converting food into glucose. Vitamin B12 is responsible for maintaining the health of nerve cells and are involved with DNA and RNA production. B12 and Folate together help in making RBCs and improves the working of iron inside the body. They are also involved in improving the immunity and mood of the person.
Lack of vitamin B12- What happens?
This deficiency is more common among old people are is rarely found in young ones. The symptoms of deficiency include:
- Pale or jaundice like skin
- Pricking sensation
- Blurred vision
How do B12 supplements help?
- High doses of B12 is given to treat pernicious anaemia, a condition that causes weakness, pale skin and mood swings.
- Reduces the risk of coronary heart diseases like strokes and heart attacks.
- Age related macular degeneration is an eye disease that causes loss of vision. B12 supplements reduce the risk of developing AMD.
- B12 supplements are energy boosters that help people who fatigue easily by increasing their energy levels.
- Study suggests that these supplements aid in improving fertility and increases sperm count.
Natural B12 sources
- Liver and kidney meats
- Beef and pork
If you are considering taking B12 supplements, consult a health care expert to get the right guidance.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.