- by Forgreen Foods
- 2 Shares
- Jan 16 2018
Why corn is good for the body
A grain crop commonly grown across the world, corn or maize seeds are the nutrient rich harvest that is consumed by a large population. It is packed with essential nutrients required by the body and is also a rich in Vitamins A, B, E and minerals. Additionally, it also contains fibre and antioxidants that are beneficial for the body.
- Its high fibre content provides a good portion of the required intake which helps in reducing digestion related problems like constipation and haemorrhoids. Being a whole grain, it may also reduce the risk of colon cancer
- The high fibre also improves digestion and bowel movements of the system
- Vitamin B is important for many functions. Thiamin improves the heath of your nervous system and cognitive functions. Another constituent Niacin prevents malnutrition related ailments.
- Vitamin E rich corn is a natural antioxidant and its folic acid content is specifically good for pregnant women and their infants.
- Its high calorie content is prefect for people who are looking to gain some quick weight.
- Corn has abundant minerals that promote good bone health and regulate kidney and growth functions.
- The omega-3 fatty acids present in corn aids in eliminating bad cholesterol which improves heart health and prevents clogging of arteries, reduces BP and risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- The beta-carotene in corn g=forms Vitamin A which helps in maintaining good vision and clear skin.
- The starch made from corn is used in many cosmetic products and can also be used to reduce skin irritation.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.