- by Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
- 1 Shares
- May 23 2017
What are Shat Yogic Kriyas
Kriyas are the yogic methods to purge the inner organs. As per Hatha Yoga Pradipika, there are 6 purifying methods known as Shat Kriyas. They are Kapalabhati, Trataka, Neti, Dhouti, Nauli & Vasti
Shat signifies "six" & kriya signifies "purifying". Yogic kriya evacuate the waste materials of our inner organs which are not removed usually. In this manner, the objective of Hatha Yoga & of the Shat kriyas is to purify the inner organs & subsequently make unity between the major pranic streams, pingala & Ida, & accomplishing mental & physical balance & cleanliness.
The shatkriyas are additionally used to balance the 3 doshas in the body Kapha-the bodily fluid, pitta-the bile & vata-the wind. As per both Ayurveda and Hatha Yoga an inequality of the doshas will bring about ailment. These practices are additionally utilized before Pranayama & the other higher yoga practices with a specific end goal to filter the body from toxins & to guarantee secure & fruitful movement along the spiritual way.
- Kapalabhati - Stimulating the brain cells
In Sanskrit, Kapala implies skull & Bhati implies shine. So the expression "kapalabhati" implies an activity that makes the skull shine. This kriya purify the skull. Kapalabhati is a breathing strategy for decontaminating the frontal region of the cerebrum. Kapalabhati purifies the respiratory system & the nasal entry & expels the spasm in bronchial tubes. Carbon dioxide is removed on a huge scale & contaminations of the blood are tossed out. The tissues & the cells retain a substantial amount of oxygen. The expert keeps up great well-being. The heart functions appropriately & the respiratory & circulatory systems are conditioned to an extensive degree.
- Trataka - Eye Exercises
Trataka is settling the brain by looking constantly to an object without winking. Trataka are in 2 sorts to be specific - Jatra Trataka & Jyoti Trataka. While performing this practice, ease of the eyes are vital. This practice rouses the tear organs & there by decontaminates the visual framework. It enhances the vision, advances great focus and determination.
- Neti - Upper Nasal Track
Neti is proposed for the cleansing of the nostrils. The nostrils must be kept clean. Unclean nostrils will prompt erratic breathing. Neti are in 4 sorts specifically –
- Jala Neti – water is utilized
- Sutra Neti - A waxed thread or a thin soft rubber catheter is utilized
- Dugdha Neti – Milk is utilized
- Ghrita Neti - Ghee is utilized rather than water
Neti kriya cleanses most structures in the head & neck. Neti kriya clears the nasal entry as well as renders the nose resistant to numerous aggravations such as water, ghee, milk, cotton rubber & so on. So it is useful to expel the allergies found in people experiencing hypersensitive rhinitis & so on.
- Dhouti - Purify the intestine
Dhouti Kriyas are implied for purifying the upper intestinal tract up to the abdomen. There are 3 sorts of Dhouti:
- Jala Dhouti or Vaman Dhouti [kunjal] is purifying the stomach with water. In this kriya the tepid salt water will drunk & vomitted.
- In Vastra Dhouti a fabric will use for purifying the stomach.
- In danda Dhouti a rubber tube called "danda" will be utilized. In this kriya these saline water will be drunk & took out through the danda which will be pushed into the stomach.
Dhouti practices are very helpful for gastric inconvenience, acidity & so forth. It is useful for asthma. Dhouti kriya actuate the digestive fire & beneficial to have a good appetite.
- Nauli - Abdominal muscle & Viscera
Nauli is one of the imperative Kriyas to cleanse & fortify the essential inner organs overall. It is a yogic procedure of rubbing or massaging the entire stomach by contracting & rolling the muscular strength, particularly the rectus abdominal muscle. The practice of Agnisara kriya & Uddiyana bandha are the preliminary practices for doing the Nauli. Naulis are 3 sorts:
• Madhyama Nauli: It is the strategy of compression & seclusion of the rectus abdominus muscles at the focal point of the stomach.
• Vama Nauli: - It is the strategy of compression & seclusion of the rectus abdominus muscles at the left half of the stomach.
• Dakshina Nauli: - It is the strategy of compression & seclusion of the rectus abdominus at the right side of the stomach.
Nauli Chalana: - When one has picked up control over 3 sorts of Nauli, moving of the recti muscles clockwise & anti clockwise is drilled. This is known as Nauli Chalana.
Nauli will be useful in expelling the stomach related sicknesses. It is extremely helpful in healing constipation. It lessens the obesity. The function of liver, spleen & different organs are actuated by nauli. It builds the craving for food. The general population who are having hypertension, ulcer or hernia issues ought not practice nauli.
- Vasti - Purification of the Rectum
Vasti is a general term relating to the lower stomach, pelvis, belly & bladder. Vasti kriya is a Hatha Yoga procedure of yogic enema to purify the colon by sucking water through anus. The Vasti practices ought to be performed in empty stomach in the early morning.
Vasti is practiced in various ways:
• Jala Vasti: In this method the specialist will be anus by practicing the Ashwini mudra. In different ways an elastic tube might be embedded into the anus. After inhaling the water the tube will be removed through the anus.
• Sthal Vasti (dry yogic purification): This system might be done by performing Ashwini mudra. Sucking the air into the bowels & then holding it for some time & oust it through the anus.
Vasti purifies the colon by evacuating the gas & other collected waste material from the colon. Vasti cures stomach diseases, increment hunger, heal constipation. Body turns out to be light & dynamic. It chills off the body warmth of the propelled professional of Pranayama.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.