- by Dt Sheetal chhabria
- 1 Shares
- Feb 02 2018
What negative effects does maida have on your body?f
Refined flour or maida is a common ingredient found in many everyday products like bakery items, pizza, cereal etc. Research has showed that these refined grains are one of the most harmful substances which cause many diet related illnesses.
Refined grains are easily over consumed because it can be chewed and readily goes down. How does this affect your body?
- When the food gets digested rapidly, it raises blood sugar which increases your insulin levels. This leads to diabetes with time as insulin resistance progresses.
- The spike in blood sugar causes glucose build up in the body which attaches to proteins nearby. This results in a chemical reaction called glycation which contributes towards inflammatory diseases.
- The gluten and other components present create a feel good effect in the mind. This mind-active effect has an impact on the person’s appetite. It has been observed that people who consume refined flour have increased appetite and consume more calories.
- Refined flour foods have a high glycemic index which contributes towards fat build-up in the body. This slows down the metabolism of the system and prevents nutrients from muscle burning.
- The gut gets inflamed by the lectins present in these grains as it causes cracks between cells. The lack of fibre also contributes towards lack of control over carbs which has a negative impact on the gut.
- It is also one of the triggers of many food allergies one of the reasons being gluten. Many people are allergic to gluten and it causes many symptoms that could create complications.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.