What is the Best Food For The Eyes?
Medikoe Health Expert
Koramangala, bengaluru, karnataka, india, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
Eye health is an important aspect and diet plays a crucial role in improving vision. Apart from exercises, here are foods that are healthy for your eyes:
- Carrots: A rich source of Vitamin A and C, carrots improve eye health as they help in naturally preventing cataract, blindness and degeneration.
- Fish: Fish like salmon, tuna and mackerel are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that improve the health of blood vessels. Helps prevent conditions like dry eye and glaucoma. For those that don’t eat sea food, omega 3 supplements are beneficial.
- Leafy green vegetables: Vegies like spinach and kale contain beneficial components like Vitamin C, beta-carotene and some antioxidants that protect the eyes from damage.
- Eggs: The protein and vitamin A improves the functioning of the eyes
- Whole grains: foods like brown rice and oats have a low glycemic index which is good for the eye. Additionally, they have beneficial components like vitamin E, niacin and zinc which promote eye health.
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like oranges, lemon and grapes are rich in vision protective compounds like vitamin C, B-12 and beta-carotene.
- Nuts: Almonds and walnuts also contain good amounts of omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E which are beneficial for the eye.