- by Medikoe HealthTech Expert
- 0 Shares
- Jan 31 2018
What is Echopixel?
It is called as a revolution in 3D medical imaging, it provides patient-specific anatomy in an intuitive interactive virtual reality format which leads to increased clinical knowledge, faster operations, and better care.
True 3D, from Echopixel, is an advanced medical visualization software solution. It offers physicians an unprecedented opportunity to view and interact with patient tissues and organs in a truly 3D form.
It works using four cameras to track the user’s head movements, glasses to run images into 3D visuals, and a stylus to let users move and interact with objects in real time.
Advantages of True 3D
- It displays real patient anatomy in open 3D space, with instant response and seamless interaction capabilities.
- Anatomical information is procedure-specific, easily accessible and unobstructed.
- It provides required visual context without any irrelevant information.
- It enables users to directly grasp, dissect and size key clinical features with one move.
- It enables physicians to create rich data and share it with others.
Specialized Tools of True 3D
Freehand clip plane control: It creates cross-sections in volume and 2D multi-planar reconstruction views, so physicians can quickly drive their view along any oblique perspective without being limited to axial, coronal, and sagittal views.
Object Measurements: It calculates the surface area and volume of selected anatomy using lines, polylines, splines, orthogonal diameters, angles, and advanced tools that fit patient’s anatomy.
Region growing segmentation: It allows physicians to create a 3D surface model of patient’s anatomy and select areas of interest.
Centreline Extraction: It determines the center path along a 3D surface model.
ROI Selection: It allows to focus on an area of interest and updates the image to display across all visualization modes.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.