- by Dr SUNIL DWIVEDI
- 1 Shares
- Nov 21 2017
WHAT INCREASES YOUR CHANCES OF HAVING A HEART ATTACK?
Heart attacks can occur at any age to anybody, but there are many factors that increase your chance of becoming a victim of an attack.
It is never too late to understand the risk factors and opt for a healthy living to prevent heart attacks. It is recommended that everyone begins heart disease prevention early, starting with risk factor assessment and then working to keep them low.
- Age is a factor that has an impact but cannot be altered. As your age increases, due to various factors, chances of attacks and death rates due to them increase.
- Male sex is more prone to heart attacks than females and they have attacks at earlier stages in life.
- Also, a family history of heart attack increases your chances of becoming a victim.
- Smoking is one factor that leads to heart attack because it increases bad cholesterol and causes high BP.
- Alcohol consumption is major cause for attacks and stroke as it increases blood pressure.
- Stressful lifestyle has an impact as it not only increases BP but also leads to adopting unhealthy habits like drinking and smoking.
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity and exercise is a risk factor for heart diseases.
- Being overweight and obesity affect the heart significantly. Even if you have none of the factors, excess fat makes you easy prey.
- High blood pressure is one of the major causes for heart attacks as it increases the pressure and workload on the heart which stiffens the muscles and also causes strokes.
- Diabetes is a serious risk factor contributing towards heart diseases and strokes.
- Cholesterol comprises of three factors- good and bad cholesterol i.e. HDL and LDL; triglyceride levels.
High LDL levels, low LDL levels and high triglyceride levels increases your risk of heart attacks and strokes tremendously because it builds fatty deposits in the arteries.
Start religiously practicing a heart-healthy lifestyle today and reduce your risk of becoming a heart attack victim. A healthy and nutritious lifestyle is the key to a happy heart.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.