- by Sheetal chhabria
- 0 Shares
- May 07 2018
What food is good when you have diarrhoea?
Some foods can cause diarrhea, while others some can keep you nourished without aggravating your symptoms further. It is best to eat plain, simple food for diarrhea, especially in the first 24 hours.
It is advised to follow BRAT diet- Bananas, Rice, Apple and Toast as it is low in fiber and can help to make stools firmer. Diarrhea causes dehydration, so it is best to consume liquids that contain sugar and salt. Other foods that you can include in a diet are:
- Cooked cereal like cream of wheat or farina
- Soda crackers
- Electrolyte enhanced water or coconut water
- Boiled potatoes
- Baked chicken without any skin or fat
- Probiotic foods such as yogurt and kefir
Foods to avoid
- Spicy foods
- Fried foods
- Sugary foods and artificial sweeteners
- High fiber foods such as wheat, barley
- Grain cereals
- Nuts and seeds
- Onion and garlic
- Packaged food
- Raw vegetables
- Citrus fruits
- Fatty meals
- Dairy products
- Foods that produce gas in the intestine, such as cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Coffee, tea
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.