- by Dr Paramesh S
- 0 Shares
- Oct 05 2017
Weight Reducing Diet For Diabetics
Obesity is a state in which there is a generalized accumulation of excess adipose tissue in the body leading to more than 20 per cent of the desirable weight.
Usually obesity is due to positive energy balance. That is, the intake of calories is more than the expenditure of calories.
- Genetic factors
- Eating habits: High calorie and low fibre intake.
- Age and sex: More females than males are to be overweight in all age groups.
- Physical inactivity.
- Endocrine factors like Hypothyroidism, Hypogonodism, and Cushing’s syndrome. Obesity is common at puberty, pregnancy, and menopause, suggesting endocrine may be a factor.
- Physical disability.
- Endocrine abnormalities.
- Obstetrical complications.
- Metabolic disorders (Diabetes, Hepatic Steatosis (due to Hyper Cholesterolemia) and Gout).
- Cardiovascular disorders (Atherosclerosis, Hypertension, and Varicose Veins).
- Pulmonary Function Impairement.
- Certain Cancers (Colon rectum and Prostate in men;Uterus, Biliary tract, Breast and Ovary in women).
- Chronic back pain.
- Digestive Tract Diseases (Gall stones, Gastro-oesophageal reflux, Esophagitis).
- Skin disorders.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.