- by Bangalore Yoga Centre
- 0 Shares
- Mar 01 2018
Thinking of practicing yoga after a Caesarean?
Giving birth is a very special time but a C-section or caesarean raises many worries and queries. No doubt it is an intensive surgery which involves a lot of blood loss and stitches which means it is extremely important that you give your body enough time to recover.
Every new mom wants to get back to their old body and clothes after they have their little one but you must recover first before you begin any form of exercise.
Things you must keep in mind
- Let your incision heal before you exercise
- You need to give enough time and let your stitches dissolve before you begin exercising
- You can begin practice only after a minimum of 8 weeks and only after your doctor gives you a green signal
- Gauge your own body abilities and do not overt exert or push yourself
- Respect your body and give it all the time it needs to heal and recover completely
How does yoga help after a caesarean?
- Yoga helps you recover better and releases stress
- It not only tones your body but strengthens your muscles too
- It helps you relax and calms your mind and soul which helps you overcome nervousness and stressful situations with ease
- The breathing techniques have a soothing effect on your inner mind and body
- You initially begin with gentle stretches which help your body slowly regain its rhythm, aligns your ligaments and helps loosen up your muscles
- Simple deep breathing can be practiced in the comfort of your home and when you feel like you have healed and your body is ready, you can begin practicing yoga aasans under the guidance of a professional.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.