- by Dr Jameela Khalid
- 0 Shares
- Jun 26 2017
Things To Know About Menstrual Cups
What are menstrual cups?
The menstrual cup can be utilized to substitute typical pads or tampons. It is a small device that catches menstrual stream & can remain in the body for up to 12 hours.
The most current menstrual cups are made with therapeutic review silicon or latex. Ladies that are sensitive to latex ought to pick cups made with silicon to stay away from restorative issues.
How are menstrual cups utilized?
While putting the cup it is vital to require your time & concentration & see which technique works best for you. This will take a couple of tries before finding which strategy is best adjusted to your body. This is normal & you should not stress since it gets less demanding with practice.
Not at all like tampons or pads, which retain menstrual stream, menstrual cups get it & keep it in it. So you should simply embed the cup into your vagina & let it set for 8 - 12 hours, contingent upon its ability.
After that, you just expel the cup & empty it. For good cleanliness, it is recommended to wash it with clean water before re-embedding it.
Reasons to choose menstrual cups:
- You can utilize it for up to 10 years. While tampons & pads have to be purchased consistently, menstrual cups are totally re-usable for a long time. This implies you will spare huge amounts of cash on female items, you will help nature & you will be greatly comfortable.
- They are high-limit. It is safe to use while heavy flows as menstrual cups have a greater limit than pads which can absorb 10ml & tampons which can absorb 5ml. Cups can hold 30ml.
- Accidents are unlikely. Since menstrual cups are made with silicon or latex, they effortlessly adjust to the shape of your body. That is the reason it is not at all difficult to do any kind of physical movement or sport with no issues.
- The odds of having some kind of unfavorable reaction are minimal. Contaminations are a normal threats while utilizing tampons or pads, which does not occur with menstrual cups. You just need to ensure that you don't utilize materials that you are susceptible to. Few ladies are adversely affected by latex & if you too, utilize a silicon cup.
Menstrual cups are easy to maintain:
The materials utilized to make these cups are effectively maintained & cleaned:
- At the start of your period: while utilizing a new cup, take it out from the pack boil it for 3 - 5 minutes in water. This procedure will take out any contaminants.
- During your period it i's essential that you wash your cup each time you exhaust it. Essentially utilize water from the tap.
- Once your period is over: wash the menstrual cup once more. If you wish you can wash it with soap & water. Ensure that you clean it well. At that point store it in a cloth bag that accompanied it & store it in a ventilated & dry range.
There are distinctive sizes of menstrual cups:
Each lady is distinctive & with regards to female cleanliness, you have to pick the correct item. When searching for menstrual cups, you will see that there are a few unique sizes. The smallest one is good for ladies that don’t have kids, while the bigger size is for ladies with children.
This is on the grounds that subsequent to conceiving a baby, the size of the vagina changes somewhat. Before purchasing your menstrual cup, do some exploration on the diverse sizes.
Some menstrual cups can be utilized while having sex:
Since menstrual cups go into the vagina, a few ladies fear having sex while utilizing it as you might think that it would get stuck, yet it will not.
They are made to be in a specific zone of the body & they don't go over it. Their size just forestalls it. In case you are concerned that your mate will feel awkward, do realize that some menstrual cups are intended to go unnoticed for simply this event.
The materials utilized to make them are additionally delicate & adaptable, which is the reason your mate would not see it.
Menstrual cups are one alternative that will give awesome advantages when contrasted with different items.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.