- by Dr Chaithanya KS
- 0 Shares
- Aug 30 2017
The Vata dosha and prevention during the cold season
Now let us see the symptoms of Psoriasis:
Psoriasis signs and symptoms can vary from, person, to person, but mostly one or few symptoms mentioned below are seen.
- Red patches of skin covered with silvery scales.
- Itching, burning or soreness.
- Small scaling spots.
- Dry cracked skin that may bleed.
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails.
- Swollen and stiff joints.
Though in Psoriasis there is involvement of all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) predominantly, one can observe the certain symptoms related to Vata dosha like dryness, roughness, cracks, scaling etc.
HOW TO PREVENT THE AGGRAVATION OF PSORIASIS IN WINTER?
This can be achieved by following the seasonal regimen and daily regimen.
Winter Care for Psoriasis:
- Application of Medicated Oils and Ghee (Clarified butter) will help in keeping your skin moist can help reduce redness and itching.
- Avoid taking a very hot shower for very long time in winter. This will remove the moisture of the skin and increases the dryness in the skin.
- Destressing Yoga or meditation will help to reduce the stress level, where stress can worsen Psoriasis.
- Stay fit, keep yourself healthy, because certain medication may flare up Psoriasis.
- Drinking hot water will help to keep skin moisturized.
- Stay in warm place, choose your clothes to keep you warm.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.