- by Dr. Mini Nair
- 1 Shares
- Sep 20 2017
The Right Time To Have Milk As Per Ayurveda
Milk has a special place in Ayurveda. It is proclaimed for its nutritional qualities that we can't get from any other product. It helps in digestion, gives nutrition & aids in balancing doshas in the body.
As per Ayurveda, a human body is comprised of 3 doshas – Kapha, Pitta & Vatta. The imbalances of these doshas give rise to various diseases.
Drinking milk likewise advances Ojas. Ojas is a state in Ayurveda which is accomplished when you get proper digestion. Hence milk plays a critical role in the diet of vegetarians especially.
As per Ayurveda, the time & the way milk is consumed play a major role in digestion.
Cold milk & Ice cream are troublesome for your tummy to digest, however if you put spices in it, for example – turmeric (haldi), ginger (adrak) or cardamom (ilaychi) to warm milk, it becomes easy to get absorbed by the digestive system & can help in decreasing the imbalanced Kapha.
Ayurveda says, drinking milk at different times in the day can impact our body differently. The preferred time as per Ayurveda is night time because drinking milk at night helps in calming ourselves & improves our sleep.
Let us find out how drinking milk at different times impact our body differently as per Ayurveda.
The Best Time to Drink Milk
- Morning: According to the Vedas, milk ought to be stayed away from in the morning, as it turns out to be very heavy to digest. It additionally makes you lazy.
- Evening: Having a glass of milk in the evening is useful for old individuals. In case you are experiencing any health issues like kidney stones, it helps in easing that.
- Night: According to Ayurveda, drinking milk at night is the best & the right time for anybody. It helps in eliminating stress & tiredness & helps in getting a proper sleep at night.
Milk is full of calcium & calcium is easily absorbed in the body at night because of the low activity levels in the night. Milk is also full of proteins, it is likewise advantageous for people who are trying to gain body mass.
Points To Consider While Having Milk
- Milk is stuffed with essential nutrients & accompanies a large number of advantages. But, there are few people that are intolerant to lactose, they should not have milk.
- Warm milk eases your body, cures your constipation, helps in getting proper sleep, however having cold milk in the night or having unsuitable food with milk like banana or melon can cause cough, digestion issues & sensitivities.
- Milk shouldn’t be consumed with salt, as they both have opposite qualities.
- You should have warm milk after the meal, as having it while having your meal, makes it hard to be digested.
- In case you are experiencing issues like worms, looseness of the bowels, fever or skin issues, milk should be avoided.
- One can accomplish great well-being if you consume milk at the right time with the right combinations, as suggested above by Ayurveda.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.