- by Miss Husna Banu Rooftop Yoga
- 3 Shares
- Aug 26 2017
The Right Time To Eat Before & After Yoga
Eating before yoga
Yoga is the best when done on an empty stomach. You will also enjoy practicing yoga if you have an empty stomach. There ought to be interval of no less than 3 hours between your last meal & yoga practice as in 3 hours’ time body can process a large portion of the food & your stomach will be empty to do yoga. In case you feel hungry, you can have lime juice or coffee or half a glass of milk or some fruits but before 1 hour of your yoga class.
Eating before yoga will rely upon how quick the food gets processed in the stomach. Fruits will take 30 to 40 minutes to digest, water will take 15 to 20 minutes, light meals or snacks may take 2 hours & heavy meal may take 3 hours or more to get processed.
Best is to eat fruits 45 minutes to 1 hour before yoga. In case you are practicing yoga in the morning, you can drink tea, warm lime juice with honey or a glass of warm milk.
Be happy, lively & satisfied before doing yoga session. In the event that you want to eat before the yoga class, you should considering the time.
Why not to eat before Yoga?
While performing different yoga postures, a pressure is put on the stomach organs which might push the food upwards & cause uneasiness. Also in the event that you do yoga while digestive procedures are on, the blood will flow to the digestive tract.
What to Eat?
In the event that you are doing yoga, you cannot change your dietary patterns in a day. It is recommended not to make sudden change in your eating regimen yet slowly towards yogic way of eating. This will make you solid & hearty. As you become mindful with the practice of yoga, you will have the capacity to practice more control over your eating. Your requirement for food lessens & avoids binge eating.
- Have a satvik food.
- Consume food for nourishment & not for taste.
- Slowly diminish the utilization of meat products.
- Consume easily digestible foods like whole grain, raw & organic foods.
- Avoid zesty foods.
- Consuming nuts & fresh fruits everyday can give you required vitality.
- Drink & eat in moderation.
Doing Yoga in the Morning
- After you get up in the morning drink 2 to 3 glasses of water. Have a glass of fresh lime juice in tepid water alongside a spoon of honey. Clear your gut before doing yoga.
- Individuals that have the habit of drinking bed tea may take only half a cup of tea however slowly abstain from taking tea before practicing yoga.
- Do not consume anything half an hour after the yoga session. After 30 minutes of yoga drink a glass of warm milk or fruit juice.
Doing Yoga in the Evening
• Do not eat 3 hours before practicing yoga.
• You can have easily digestible foods like sprouts, soups, vegetables & fruits in the lunch. Avoid non-veg & fried food.
• Do not eat anything for at least half an hour after practicing yoga.
NOTE: Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program. If you experience any symptoms of weakness, unsteadiness, light-headedness or dizziness, chest pain or pressure, nausea, or shortness of breath, mild soreness after exercise may be experienced after beginning a new exercise. Contact your physician or your fitness expert.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.