- by Ayurhealing
- 0 Shares
- Jan 17 2018
The indigenous Indian herb: Shankhapushpi
Shankhapushpi also called shankupushpam ir bluepea flowers is a perennial herb that is extensively use in Ayurvedic medicines and therapies. Study shows that all parts of this herb have a host of beneficial uses.
- The pungent and astringent taste of this herb, according to Ayurveda is believed to have the capacity to balance Kapha, Pitta and Vata doshas.
- Used as a brain tonic as it brightens intellect, improves memory and tones the brain.
- It is an age old beauty ingredient as it helps nourish the skin layer by layer and enhances beauty. Known as a rasayana herb, it prevents the effects of aging and gives blemish free, glowing screen.
- Reduces stress levels and anxiety, promoting better sleep.
- Helpful in treating asthma, bronchitis and chronic coughs.
- Works as a brain stimulant, it enhances both mental attention and retention powers.
- Helps in stabilizing mood, keeps the mind relaxed and prevents depression.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.