- by Manipal Hospitals
- 0 Shares
- May 14 2017
The Do’s And Don’ts For Lasik Surgery
Lasik surgery involves refractive laser technique to correct farsightedness, nearsightedness or astigmatism. All laser surgeries are done by reshaping the cornea of the eye, to properly focus the light on the retina of the eye. The eye is the most sensitive organ in our body, which is crucial for our vision. Hence, post the Lasik surgery proper care needs to be taken to avoid any infection or complications.
The Dos and Don`ts after the Lasik surgery if followed diligently will aid in problem free recovery. You might experience tearing, itching or irritation in your eyes after the Lasik surgery. The following list described below will help you tackle all the issues that are normal after Lasik surgery.
- Continue using the prescribed eye drops regularly.
- Keep your eyes closed for at least 4 to 5 minutes after the administration of the eye drops.
- Clean the margins of your eyelid with sterile tissues.
- Clean the eyes at least twice a day.
- Regularly blink your eyes.
- Carefully wash and clean your face avoiding any contact with the eyes.
- Cover your eyes with sunglasses while stepping out in the sun and pollution
- You are allowed to read books or watch TV from the very next day of the Lasik surgery
- You can continue eating a normal diet
- Always wash your hands properly before wiping your eyes.
- Before applying the eye ointment, eye drops are to be used.
- Do use the eye shield that is provided by the doctor while you sleep, for about a week after your surgery.
- Get adequate rest preferably in a dark room, just after getting discharged from the surgery.
- Do not bare your eyes to dust and pollution.
- Do not wash your hair for a few days after the surgery.
- Do not take off the eye patch protection on the very day of the surgery.
- Do not rub your eyes or touch your eyes with dirty hands.
- Do not splash water into the eyes for at least 2 weeks post the surgery.
- Do not use tap water to clean your eyes.
- Do not go for a swim or into a hot tub for about one month post the surgery.
- Do not use eye makeup for at least one month post the surgery.
- Avoid exercising for at least 1 week after the surgery.
- Do not stress your eyes in front of the computer screen till at least the 3rd day after the surgery.
- Do not self-drive any mode of transportation for at least one week after the surgery
- Do not expose your eyes to smoke filled areas
It may take around three to six months for your vision to stabilize post-Lasik surgery, during which you have to avoid all strenuous activities and protect your eyes from all potential irritants.
It is highly recommended that you must take up a Lasik surgery package before proceeding to the surgery as it prevents any further health complication during the surgery. The package includes pre-initial work-up and consultation, procedure, and post-operative kit(contains eye drops and eye glasses). Manipal hospitals offer this Lasik surgery package at a cost efficient rate of Rs 27,200. You can opt for this simple procedure to lead a life free from the clutches of eyeglasses and contact lenses.
© Copyright MANIPAL HOSPITALS
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.