- by Fitlab
- 0 Shares
- Feb 17 2018
The buzzing HIIT fitness trend
Probably trending as one among the top 3 fitness regimes, high intensity interval training (HIIT) is a highly effective exercise routine. The regime, put into words is pretty simple:
- You begin with a focused, highly dedicated workout that is fast paced
- After your intense exercise session is a short break period
- This break could be rest or active recovery depending on the type of training
How does HIIT work?
The reason this training has proved to be highly effective is because it keeps your heart pumping and burns more fat in lesser amount of time. The high intensity workout requires more oxygen which creates a shortage that is tried to be compensated for during recovery.
The increase in ask for oxygen creates an effect called excess post-exercise oxygen consumption which successfully burns more calories than regular work out patterns.
Why interval training?
- The high intensity session boosts metabolism and burns fat for about 2 days after your routine
- There’s no question of time and place as this routine can be practiced anywhere and can be wrapped up in 30 minutes or even less
- Increased calorie burning and fat loss coupled with muscle building and retention
- Since the routine generally uses body weight, you don’t need any equipment to begin training
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.