- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Nov 11 2017
Symptoms and prevention of bad breath
The other name for bad breath is halitosis. It is nothing but the foul smell or odor from the mouth. Bad breath is caused due to the unhealthy habits and the food particles which remain inside the mouth. The following are the symptoms and ways to prevent bad breath or halitosis.
Symptoms of bad breath or halitosis
Halitosis odors may differ and vary based on the source or basic cause. Some individuals worry too much about their breath even if it is little or if they have no mouth odor, mean while others have bad breath but they don’t recognize it as it is tough judge how the own breath smells.
Moreover the bad smell in the mouth one also observes bad taste inside the mouth if the taste is because of the basic condition and if it is not because of caught food particles, it will not vanish even if one uses mouth wash or brushes the teeth.
Ways to prevent bad breath
Prevention is better than cure hence preventing bad breath is easier than treating it. One should develop right habits and help to overcome it.
1. Eat foods rich in fiber: The foods with high fiber prevent bad breath. One should avoid eating heavy foods that contain refined carbohydrates like cakes, sweets, ice cream and cookies.
2. Use mouthwash: Oral rinses and mouthwashes are useful in eradicating halitosis. One should never use alcohol content mouthwashes as it leads to dry mouth, which in return makes the problem worst.
3. Drink green and black teas: Green tea and black tea helps in reducing oral bacteria. Both the teas contain polyphenols that help them eradicate sulfur compounds.
4. Avoid drying medication: One should try not to take antihistamines, diuretics, antidepressants and pain relievers unless it has been consulted by a physician or if it is medically necessary. These drugs stop the flow of saliva inside the mouth and cause chronic dry mouth.
5. Avoid products with sodium lauryl sulfate or alcohol: Individuals should avoid using oral hygiene products that contain alcohol or lauryl sulfate because it makes the alcohol dry which is one of the regular causes of halitosis.
6. Clean your mouth after eating meat, fish or dairy products: Acting persistent and complete oral hygiene is a useful prevention instrument.
7. Stop smoking: As per the studies smokers are at high risk of growing dry mouth and periodontal disease. More over people who smoke also take on other habits that encourage drinking alcohol, dieting, and suffer from anxiety that need aggravating formula medications.
8. Breathe through your nose instead of your mouth: Sleep apnea and snoring issues can affect your breath and cause dry mouth. Again it is another cause of halitosis.
9. Drink water: One should keep themselves hydrated and keep mouth wet by drinking plenty amount of water.
10. Clean your dentures at least once a day: One should clean the dentures everyday as one takes proper oral care of their proper original teeth.
11. Eliminate dairy products from your diet: Carbohydrate impatience can be a basic cause of bad breath or halitosis.
12. Use an oral probiotic like S. salivarius K12 and M18: Individuals should use probiotics to adjust the oral cavity and obstruct an over growth of the odor causing bacteria involve in bad breath or halitosis.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.