- by Dr. Mini Nair
- 2 Shares
- Jun 26 2017
Suvarnaprashan Or Swarna Bindu Prashan
Suvarnaprashan or Swarna bindu prashan is a special ayurvedic mixture that is used to improve immunity of the human body. It is one of the 16 basic ceremonies or sanskaras mentioned in ayurvedic texts for kids. It is a procedure in which Suvarna bhasma (which means purified ash of gold), is mixed with pure ghee and with honey in liquid or semisolid form with herbal extracts. It can be given to kids about 0 to 16 years of age. The best time to administer Suvarna prashan is daily early in the morning, or at least on each Pushya nakshatra (an auspicious day which comes after every 27 days). If Suvarna prashan is given to the child on this day, it offers brilliant advantages.
Benefits of Suvarna prashan:
- Suvarna prashan enhances the immunity power and helps develop resistance against the basic diseases, which most children are susceptible to, and hence keeps the kids away from falling sick frequently.
- It boosts the physical strength in the children and also increases their stamina.
- A routine dosage of swarna bhasma enhances the intellect of the child, the sharpness, memory recalling, analytical skills, and grasping power in an exceptional way.
- It arouses digestive fire, improves digestion & reduces related issues.
- It likewise enhances kid's craving for food.
- It helps early physical and mental development.
- It develops an inner preventive system in children which goes about as a security shield against sicknesses, common infection, and seasonal diseases.
- It promotes quicker healing and recovery in case of illnesses.
- It safeguards youngsters from different allergies.
- It shields youngsters from sicknesses occurring during teeth development.
In general, Suvarna prashan makes kids healthier and boosts physical strength and mental development, and is ideal for growing children.
Ingredients of Suvarna Prashana:
The components of Suvarna Prashana include,
- Ash of gold
- Brahmi (Bacopa Monneiri)
- Vacha (Acorus Calamus)
- Yashti Madhu (Licorice)
- Shankha Pushpin (Convolvulus Pluricaulis)
- Guduchi Satva (Tinospora Cordifolia)
- Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng)
The dosage of Suvarna Prashana:
- From birth up to the age of 2 years – 2 drops
- Children with age group 1 to 16 years – 4 drops
It is advised to give Suvarna Prashana every morning in the empty stomach or once in a month on the day of Pushya Nakshatra. The dosage of Suvarnaprashan should continue for a minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 3 – 6 months. If given once in a month, it should keep for a minimum of 30 months to a maximum of 90 months.
Properties of Suvarna Prashana:
According to the Ayurveda, gold is considered a very valued ingredient. When Suvarna (gold) is converted into Suvarna Bhasma (ash of gold), it possesses the following properties:
- It acts as a Madhura, immunity booster, and rejuvenation booster
- It detoxifies the body
- Suvarna Prashana has an unctuous and moisturizing effect on the body
- Suvarna Prashan improves complexion and helps in the growth of the body
- It has antioxidants, anti-cancerous, antidepressants, anti-rheumatoid, and antibacterial properties, thus it protects the body from severe illness
- Suvarna Prashana can cure various fevers such as aantra jwara, vishajwara, and general weakness.
The human brain develops rapidly until the age 16. Hence, if Suvarna Prashana is done during this age, it accelerates the development of the brain and also boosts up the brain capacity.
How does it work?
Suvarna prashan contains gold as the fundamental ingredient. It is made into Suvarna bhasma through an exceptional procedure since gold can't be taken in its metallic format. Gold is known for its immunity boosting and memory enhancing properties.
Another critical constituent present in Suvarna prashan is honey. Honey is prepared by gathering of pollen grains. Since pollens are known to cause allergies, utilization of honey in low dosages gradually boosts the body to fight against different allergens. Honey is likewise known to act against swelling and also enhances digestion.
Ghee or Ghrita which is the third vital part of Suvarna prashan, goes about as a compelling medium in which natural drugs can be readied. Ghee or Ghrita demonstrates one of a kind properties of gaining the medicinal properties of herbs added to it.
The combination of such ingredients makes suvarna prashan one of the most powerful and effective ayurvedic mixture for children. From boosting immunity to improving digestion to enhancing mental capabilities, suvarna prashan has immense health benefits for children.
How to store Suvarna Prashana drops?
The Suvarna Prashana should store at room temperature. It should not be stored in a refrigerator and should keep away from the sun. When stored in a room temperature, Suvarna Prashana can be used for five years.
Looking for a health expert around you? Medikoe is an online platform that allows you to search and connect with the most qualified and experienced doctors near you. Have a query related to health? Get it answered for free within 24 hours only at Medikoe.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.