- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Summer skin care tips for children
With the summer holidays setting in, outdoor activities will definitely be on the rise with summer camps, swimming and just your kids running around all day. Worry not, we’ll tell you how to care for their skin despite the heat!
- Keep infants away from direct sunlight for the first 6 months as the sun rays around this time are a little too strong and sunscreens for these young ones aren’t advisable
- For kids look for sunscreens with an SPF 30, ones that are simple and are not scented or tinted
- Apply the sunscreen 15 minutes before they step out and reapply every 2 hours especially if they are swimming
- Light weight cotton clothes are ideal for the summers. Pick dark shades of red, blue or green, colours that don’t absorb heat.
- Best to stay indoors during the peak hours of summer
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are ideal for the summers as they are rich in antioxidants and fluids.
- Summer means excess sweating which results in itchy prickly heat. These red bumps are formed all over the body due to blockage of pores. A mild soap water bath and some calamine will help in soothing the skin.
- Sunburns are another common problem ode to the heat. Applying a cool compress to the affected area followed by application of slightly refrigerated aloe gel has a soothing and comforting effect on sunburns.
Just follow these tips for a care free summer break for you and your children
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.