- by Dr A Chakravarthy
- 0 Shares
- Aug 09 2017
Six reasons men fake orgasm
What do you think only women fake orgasm? Think again! Even men can bluff in the bedroom! One in four men says they have faked an orgasm at some point in their sex lives.
There have been several studies that confirm that women report faking orgasm more than men which very clearly show that Oscar-worthy acting performances are not limited to the female gender only. Both men and women fake orgasm due to one single reason that how they both feel during and after sex.
Men who have faked it report using a combination of moaning, vocalizations, and changes in physical movements. And there could be a number of reasons behind the act.
Why men fake orgasms?
The several reasons why men fake orgasm are written below:
- To conceal premature ejaculation: Urologist Craig Niederberger, MD, FACS, the head of the department of urology at the University of Illinois in Chicago says, ‘some men pretend to have an orgasm as a front for premature ejaculation’.
- To please his partner: A man who is worried about his partner’s discomfort as a result of lengthy intercourse may fake an orgasm. He may also be concerned that his partner will feel hurt if they stop sex before the orgasm.
- To make haste with a delayed orgasm: On an average, data shows that men tend to take about seven minutes from penetration to climax. But if men think he is taking too long, he may fake an orgasm and end the sexual act.
- To get things over with: Very often, it is seen that men get into sexual act just for the partner’s sake- but since they aren’t really into it, they may end up faking an orgasm to resolve the situation.
- To preserve his pride: All those men who think that they may lose an erection or won’t be able to have an orgasm might find it easier to fake the orgasm than to discuss the matter with the doctor.
- To abide by the ‘rules’: Some couples have a certain idea about how sexual intercourse will play out. Researchers theorize that some men can’t think of another way for sex to end other than an earth-shattering orgasm, so they end up faking it if it doesn’t happen naturally.
Here are some effective ways to solve the problem:
It is okay to fake an orgasm once in a while, but if it becomes a habit, then you must seek advice from doctor. Check out some interesting ideas to solve the problem:
- Talk to a therapist: Emotional issues can be a biggest reason for faking an orgasm. So, it’s best to talk to a couple therapist or sex therapist if you are having difficulty in an achieving an authentic orgasm with your partner.
- Reduce intake of alcohol or illicit drugs: Alcohol and drugs affects your sexual performances in a big way. Under the influence of these substances, men may fake an orgasm so it’s best to stay away from such harmful stuff.
- Talk to doctor: There are number of medical reasons behind premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm or difficulty in maintain an erection. Delayed orgasm is something of a subjective measure. ‘Is it 10 minutes? Or 20 minutes? It’s really up to the man and, of course, his partner,’ he says. Bottom line: If it is taking you longer to reach orgasm than you or your partner would like, it’s okay to ask for help.
- Masturbate: Self-stimulation is best way to find out what really stimulates and pleases you. Make sure to share this information with your partner too.
There’s no need to fake it. Instead get to the root of the problem! This will help in rediscovering a more satisfying sex life for you and your partner.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.