- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Sinusitis and Ayurveda
Sinus or Sinusitis is a condition that causes severe headaches, face pain and nose blocks. When the empty spaces called sinuses within the face bone flame up, they cause headaches, nasal congestion, eye pain, fatigue etc.
Ayurvedic tips for Sinus
- Avoid very hot or cold food items
- Do not smoke and reduce exposure to air pollutants
- Frequent head baths trigger sinuses
- Pick a Kapha pacifying diet, avoiding excessively cold, oily or salty foods
- Kichdi/Pongal is good for treating Sinuses
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle and don’t skip or delay your meals
Ayurvedic home remedies for sinus
- Boil some tulsi leaves in water and use this for steaming. Inhaling tulsi vapours brings relief to sinus headaches.
- Alternatively, you can add mint or eucalyptus to your water and steam twice a day as well.
- Inhale turmeric fumes by burning it on a piece of cotton
- Crush a few buds of garlic and tie it to a piece of cloth. You can inhale this cloth by keeping it close to your nose for relief.
- Prepare a paste using cinnamon powder and warm water. Apply this paste onto your forehead and nose to get relief form nasal congestion and headache.
- Drink up some lemon honey juice or orange juice with warm water.
- Damp a cloth by dipping it in hot water and place it on the face ensuring that it doesn’t cause any burns.
- Make a decoction of ginger and honey or ginger and tulsi in warm water and drink it every day.
Along with these Ayurvedic tips, practice some simple every day yoga like Pranayama and Kapal bhati to improve breathing and to maintain good oxygen levels in the lungs. Also try to meditate for at least 10 minutes.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.