- by Fitness Maniac
- 0 Shares
- Jan 11 2018
Simple changes to boost your Stamina
Often, people are so focused on cardio and other exercises, but forget to give importance to strength training. By improving your strength, the muscles improve your stamina and reduce the stress on your joints. Try these activities and see a boost in your endurance:
- Combine strength training with cardio. This is simple as working your muscles will automatically get your heart and system pumping. The idea is to mix the two things up rather than focussing only on one at a time to see improved results.
- Reduce rest time between sets. Sacrificing on those breaks between high intensity workouts hugely improves one’s endurance. Instead of taking breaks between every set, take them only when it is impossible for you to move further and rest becomes a necessity. A series of exercise keeps the system on a high and muscles fired up.
- Do quick, high intensity lifting. Lifting weights at a fast pace improves both the strength and endurance as it shoots the metabolism rate.
- Do combinations. Instead of focussing on a single muscles like biceps or leg lifts, do exercise that involve more than on joint like squats or push-ups for increased stamina.
- Break the routine. Never practice the same set of sequences everyday as the body gets used to it and then it becomes stagnant which is why you stop seeing results. Switch up your routine to increase your endurance as it working every muscle and joint.
- Hybrid and explosive movements. Make changes in regular exercises like adding weights or increasing the tempo where the movements require high energy levels as this challenges the body to increase its strength and endurance.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.