- by Dr Paramesh S
- 3 Shares
- Aug 03 2017
Recipe for Diabetics-Red Chilly Rasam
Calories - 50 kCal
Why is it an iHealthU recipe?A special for our chilly lovers, the famous Rasam just got more healthy and spicy! Fibre Carbs Protein Fat
- 4-5 Red chillies
- lemon sized ball - Tamarind
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- 4 - 5 Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Mix tamarind in a little water to make tamarind water
- Break the red chillies into half.
- In a pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds and when they start to crackle add the red chillies.
- When the red chillies get plump, add the curry leaves.
- Add the tamarind water.
- Squeeze our the tamarind pulp and add the concentrated water first and then the diluted one.
- Add salt and let it boil till the raw smell of the tamarind is gone.
- Once done, remove from flame. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.