- by Dt Silky Mahajan
- 1 Shares
- Nov 09 2017
RASPBERRY LEAF TEA: GOOD FOR WOMEN
Raspberry belongs to the rose family and it is referred as “women’s herb” by herbalists. It has ten species. They are widely grown in all temperate regions of the world. Raspberry leaf tea has been used for centuries as a folk medicine.
Benefits of Raspberry Leaf Tea
- It is naturally high in magnesium, iron, potassium, and b-vitamins which make it helpful for nausea, leg cramps, and improving sleep during pregnancy.
- It is used to treat canker sores, cold sores, gingivitis in a person of all age and anemia. It is well a known for its benefits during pregnancy, but it is beneficial to women at all stages of life.
- It strengthens the uterus and pelvic muscles which some midwives say leads to shorter and easier labors.
- It has tannins which give it astringent properties which make it soothing both internally and externally.
- It will sooth sunburn, eczema, and rashes when used externally. Swishing with a tincture or infusion of Raspberry Leaf is great for the gums and can help alleviate the symptoms of gingivitis or gum diseases.
- It acts as a homemade energy drink.
- According to the study published in the journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health in 2001 found that women who drink raspberry leaf tea had shorter labor, and fewer of their babies were delivered by forceps.
- Raspberry leaves have higher ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) value.
- It decreases the likelihood of pre- and post-term gestation.
- It is used to treat wounds, diarrhea and colic pain.
- Helps increasing breast milk after the baby was born.
- In case of leucorrhoea (mucous discharge from genitals), raspberry leaf douche is made by simmering 1 tablespoon of leaves in one pint of water for 10 minutes, covered, cooled, strained and used at room temperature.
- Helps with painful menstruation and flow.
- Raspberry tea can be used as gargle or mouthwash. The tea can be used to treat bleeding gum.
- It protects the heart and circulatory system and slows down the advancement of age-related diseases.
- It promotes fertility.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.