- by Dr Paramesh S
- 3 Shares
- Oct 26 2017
PRINCIPLES OF DIET
- Low calories (20 k.cal-25 k.cal/kg body weight)
- Restricted Carbohydrate
- Normal Protein(0.8-1 g/kg body weight)
- Restricted Fat
- Normal Vitamins
- Normal Minerals except Sodium
- High Fibre and
- Liberal fluid
CALORIFIC VALUE OF THE THREE FUELS NUTRIENTS ARE:
Carbohydrate - 4 k.cal/g
Protein - 4 k.cal/g
Fat - 9 k.cal/g
FOODS TO BE INCLUDED:
- Restricted amount of cereals, pulses and animal foods.
- All green leafy vegetables.
- All vegetables except which foods to be avoided.
- All fruits except which foods to be avoided.
- Diet soda, and unsweetened lime juice.
- Clear soups and pepper water.
- Thin butter milk.
FOODS TO BE AVOIDED:
- Sweets, chocolate, jaggery, honey, jam, jelly, squash, fruit preserves, puddings, cake, pastries, etc.
- Roots and tubers.
- All refined foods (white rava, maida).
- Dried fruits (dates, raisins, etc) and nuts (cashews, ground nut, coconut, etc).
- Ice creams, condensed milk, cream, butter, ghee, vanaspathi, margarine, cheese, mayonnaise, peanut butter, curd, etc).
- Alcoholic drinks, chocolate drinks, and soft drinks.
- Fruits like banana, custard apple, sapota, mango, jack fruit, grapes, etc.
- All fried foods, canned foods, preserved foods and fast foods.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.