- by Dr. Sunil Dwivedi
- 0 Shares
- Aug 28 2017
PREVENTION OF PERIPHERAL ARTERY DISEASE
Maintain a healthy lifestyle to prevent claudication. That means:
- Quit smoking.
- Keep your blood sugar in good control if you have diabetes.
- Regular exercise is a must. Aim for 30 minutes at least three times a week after you've gotten your doctor's OK.
- Reduce your cholesterol and blood pressure levels, if applicable.
- Eat foods that are low in saturated fat.
- Be in your healthy weight range.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.