- by Dr Gowher Pebbles n Pearl Pediatrics and Child Care
- 0 Shares
- Jun 16 2017
Prevention: Dengue Fever
- Prophylaxis consists of avoiding mosquito bites through the use of insecticides, repellents, body covering with clothing, screening of houses, and destruction of A. aegypti breeding sites.
- If water storage is mandatory, a tight fitting lid or a thin layer of oil may prevent egg laying or hatching. A larvicide, such as Abate is available as a 1 % sand-granule and effective at a concentration of 1 part per million, may be added safely to drinking water.
- Ultra-low-volume spray equipment effectively dispenses the adulticide Malathion from truck or airplane for rapid intervention during an epidemic.
- Only personal anti-mosquito measures are effective against mosquitoes in the field, forest, or jungle.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.