- by Dr A Chakravarthy
- 1 Shares
- Jun 26 2017
Premature Ejaculation (PE) and its Consequences
Premature ejaculation occurs when a man ejaculates sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like. It is a very common sexual complaint. It has been seen that 1 out of 3 men experience this problem at some point of their life. But if this happens infrequently, it is not much of a concern.
However, you may meet the diagnostic criteria for premature ejaculation if you:
- Always or nearly ejaculate within one minute of penetration.
- Feel stressed and frustrated, and tend to avoid sexual intimacy as a result
- Are unable to delay ejaculation during intercourse all or nearly all the time
Biological as well as psychological factors play a key role in causing premature ejaculation. Though men may find unable to talk about this embarrassing ailment, but it is a common and a treatable problem. Medications, counseling as well as sexual techniques that delay ejaculation- or a combination of these- can help improve sex for you and your partner.
When man suffers from the problem of PE, he is unable to delay the ejaculation for more than one minute after penetration.
It can be lifelong or acquired. In lifelong, it occurs all or nearly all of the time beginning with your first sexual encounters. On the other hand, acquired premature ejaculation develops after you’ve had previous sexual experiences without ejaculatory problem but having the same symptoms.
What causes premature ejaculation?
Though the exact cause of premature ejaculation is not known, but some psychological as well as biological factors lead to the occurrence of premature ejaculation problem in men.
The various psychological causes that can lead to the problem of premature ejaculation are:
- Situations in which you have hurried to reach climax in order to avoid being discovered.
- Guilty feelings that increase your tendency to rush through sexual encounters.
Some other factors that can cause premature ejaculation include:
- Anxiety: Men who suffer from the problem of premature ejaculation also undergo anxiety problems either about sexual performances or other related issues.
- Erectile dysfunction: Men who are worried about obtaining or managing an erection during sexual intercourse may from a pattern of rushing to ejaculate, which can be difficult to change.
- Relationship problems: If you enjoy a satisfying sexual relationship with other partners and infrequently or not at all suffer from the problem of PE, then it is possible that interpersonal issues between you and your partner are contributing to the problem of PE in your current relationship.
The various biological factors that contribute to the problem of PE include:
- Abnormal reflex activity of the ejaculatory system.
- Abnormal hormone levels
- Abnormal levels of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters.
- Inherited traits
- Certain thyroid problems
- Nerve damage from surgery or trauma
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
Various factors can increase your risk of premature ejaculation, including:
- Health problems: If you have a serious or chronic medical condition, such as heart disease, you may feel anxious during sex and may unknowingly rush to ejaculate.
- Erectile dysfunction: If you have trouble in getting or maintaining an erection, you may be at increased risk of PE. Fear of losing your erection may cause you to consciously or unconsciously hurry through sexual encounters.
- Stress: Emotional strain or stress in any area of your life can also cause PE, thus limiting your ability to relax and focus during sexual encounters.
Consequences and complications:
Though the PE does not put you at the risk of various health problems but it certainly causes significant problems in your personal life such as:
- Fertility problems: Couples who are trying to have a baby may find fertilization process difficult or impossible due to the problem of premature ejaculation.
- Stress and relationship problems: A common complication of premature ejaculation is relationship stress.
- Medicines of the genre SSRI and other Prescription drugs
- Sex Therapy - Permanent cure that is it make you last longer in bed and enable you to satisfy your woman.
Premature ejaculation is significant only if you have a stable sex partner. That means it becomes premature only if you ejaculate before your partner could reach orgasm. Also, the ejaculation time depends on partner, situation and frequency of ejaculations (either intercourse or masturbation)
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.