- by Dr A Chakravarthy
- 0 Shares
- Aug 26 2017
Premarital sex- Should you do it or not?
Now-a-days, premarital sex is a very common thing. According to a survey done in US, at least 85% people between the ages of 15 and 44 years irrespective of gender have had premarital sex.
People are often confused between choosing their sexual desires or traditions morals. Many don’t mind in having a premarital sex which is apparent from number of instances in front of you every day. Whereas some choose to stay safe until they get married for variety of reasons. So should you take the plunge and have premarital sex with your partner or should you abstain?
Sex is undoubtedly a pleasurable activity. Teenagers and engaged couples are often found questioning about whether they can have sex or not. Even for people who are in a committed relationship and those who know they are progressing in the direction of marriage, premarital sex may be a concern.
Before indulging into premarital sex, not only moral issues but also emotional and physical factors should be kept in mind. Sex between two consenting individuals is still discussed in hushed tones because of the solemnity involved in a romantic relationship.
Sexual intimacy bonds two individuals like nothing else and this has been proved socially, religiously and scientifically. Whether or not this sexual intimacy should come with a seal of wedding vows is a different matter altogether. The following article will help you to decide which path to take.
Reasons why you should not have premarital sex
- Your religion does not permit it: No matter whichever religion you belong to, it would never allow you to involve into premarital sexual activity. Most world religions condone sex before marriage and regards virginity in unmarried women a sign of purity.
- You may regret later: Are you sure that you are going to spend rest of your life with the person you indulged in sex with? People who had premarital sex or extra marital sex outside the bounds of marriage have agreed that it made them feel foolish. Men felt that they are being used while women felt that they have been violated. Premarital sex may make you regret later if your relationship ends in heartbreak. You definitely do not want to have heartbreaks and suffer from pain that it would bring.
- Heartbreak: If you are highly emotional, having premarital sex may break you if your relationship with that person falls apart. Saving yourself till the day you get married is a virtue and you may be heart-broken knowing that you have lost it. The sorrow and pain may just not be worth the fun premarital sex offers.
- Abortion: It has been seen that people who involve into premarital sex do not use contraceptives which lead to unwanted pregnancies and abortions or unwanted children. Having an unplanned baby can literally change the course of one’s lives.
- Insecurity: This holds true for women. When woman had sex outside the bounds of marriage, she loses her self-esteem and becomes anxious about whether or not her partner is going to marry her. Premarital sex creates timidity, insecurity and uncertainty in people.
- High chances of STD’s: Since people hardly use contraceptives, the chances of getting affected by sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS, HIV are higher.
- You want to have a special wedding night: All those who are not married and wants to make their wedding night special should avoid losing your virginity before your wedding night. It will become extra special if your fiancée too saved himself/ herself for the V-day. Nothing makes wedding night more memorable than losing your virginity together with your spouse.
Reason why premarital sex is a good idea
- Its fun: Premarital sex is all about fun and pleasure especially if you are not bothered about its consequences. If you are in a serious relationship with your partner, having sex before you get married is actually a wonderful thing.
- It lessens the peer pressure: If all your friends are involved in premarital sex, it’s becomes easy for you to do it too. So, engage in it with all fun element in your mind.
- It hurts: all those people who do not want to have got hurt or embarrassed on their wedding night can go for premarital sex and enjoy it too.
- People are getting married later: Due to too much pressures and stress of life, both men and women tie knot quite late. They think having premarital sex is okay and easy to satisfy their sexual needs before marriage.
- Know your partner: Having premarital sex with your partner helps you to know your partner sexually before tying knot.
Whether you should or should not have premarital sex solely depends on you. But make sure you study the pros and cons before you decide.