- by Dr Ankita Bhatia
- 0 Shares
- Jan 10 2018
Physio for knee pain
Knee pain can develop with age or due to injury and causes a lot of difficulty and the pain makes everyday activities difficult to perform. The wear and tear causes pain in the knee joint, instability and results in reduced mobility.
Physiotherapy exercises prevent stiffening of the join and helps ease the pain which increases mobility and makes it easier. Here’s how Physiotherapy strengthens the knees making it easier for the person to resume activities with ease:
- Stand straight and hold your left ankle with your right hand and pull the ankle towards your buttocks. Hold in this position for 30 seconds. This stretches the legs and you can feel a slight pull in the front of the leg.
- Place the injured leg on a raise surface like a step and bend slightly forward ensuring your spin is straight. Extended your hand towards the foot such that you can feel your hamstring stretch and hold in the position.
- Keep your body straight, hold a chair for support and stand on one leg. Slowly lift the other leg towards the upper body and hold in the position for 15 seconds.
- Squatting with your back against a wall is very effective. Squats is an exercise where you slowly bend your knees such that you get into a chair like position.
- Calf raises are also very effective stretches. Stand holding a chair for support and slowly raise your legs such that you are standing on your tippy toes then get back to your normal position.
These are all basic exercises that strengthen the muscles, reduce stiffness of joints and relieve pain. It is important to perform all exercises under the guidance of a physiotherapist to prevent the injury or pain from aggravating. Professionals understand the root cause and provide personalised physiotherapy options for optimum results and make gradual but necessary changes as the sessions progress. Physiotherapy is a safe and effective treatment option which can prevent the need surgery and provide substantial relief.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.