- by Dr Sachith Abraham
- 0 Shares
- Mar 16 2018
Peeling skin? Find out why
Peeling skin especially on the palms, fingertips and feet among others are a common problem. Why does this happen? There are a number of factors that could be causing skin peeling:
- Dry skin: Hydrated skin always remains soft and supple. When the skin lacks moisture, it becomes dry, itchy and flaky causing peeling.
- Exposure: When the skin is exposed to harsh weather like direct sunlight in the summers and icy winters, the excess heat and cold damage the skin. Direct exposure to sunlight causes sunburns which could cause skin peeling and cold winters also cause dry skin and peeling.
- Products: Using everyday products that contain harsh chemicals also causes skin peeling. This could be due to every soaps and detergents the you use for cleaning utensils or washing clothes that have a strong effect on the skin.
- Allergies: Many skin allergies due to environmental factors or products used cause inflammation and itching which results in skin peeling.
- Skin conditions: There are many skin disease whose symptoms include skin peeling. Eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis are some of the conditions that aggravate skin itching and cause peeling of skin.
- Treatments: Many beauty treat procedures like chemical peels or medical procedures like chemotherapy also cause skin peeling.
The key factor to soft, smooth and shiny skin is to keep it moisturised. Using creams and oils regularly keeps the skin hydrated, preventing dry skin and peeling.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.