Medikoe Health Expert
Koramangala, bengaluru, karnataka, india, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
Panchakarma is a treatment that heals both the mind and body. The word Panchakarma translates from Sanskrit to mean 5 treatments which focus on body detox, strengthening the immune system and restoring the balancing and well-being of the system.
The Panchakarma process aims at complete detoxification and rejuvenation as it cleanses the body by eliminating toxins left by diseases, lifestyle and lack of nutrition. The body is normally completely capable of eliminating toxins on its own but this process gets disorganized due to poor diet, lack of exercise and other metabolic and hormonal factors which leads to accumulation and spreading of toxins.
How does it work?
Panchakarma treatment is a rejuvenating detox procedure that removes excess doshas, corrects imbalances and eliminates waste products as well as toxins. The 5 step therapy is personalised based on the individual’s needs which depends on their doshas, imbalances, immunity levels etc.
- Basti is a therapy that introduces herbal oils and decoctions into the rectum in a liquid medium to treat colon related disorders. It targets Vata dosha imbalance.
- Leech therapy as the name suggests involves using leeches to purify the blood and preventing gangrene formation as they improve circulation and remove congestions.
- Vamana is a treatment method which involves forced, controlled vomiting to get rid of Kapha dosha that causes cough and cold.
- Virechana therapy expels Pitta dosha and works as a detox for the liver, colon etc.
- Nasya treatment procedure targets the central nervous system and the nose using prescribed herbs and oils which need to be inhaled.
These are just a few among the host of natural therapies Ayurveda provides for holistic healing. Consult an expert to find out which treatments will suit you best.