- by Dr A Chakravarthy
- 1 Shares
- Feb 10 2018
Overcoming Masturbation Addiction
Porn addiction and masturbation are two things that usually go hand in hand as one leads to the other. Masturbation addiction is an issue that people across the world are suffering from. It is an issue that affects both the sexes and is a habit everyone is constantly trying to break away from because it affects their mental state and even relationships as their counterparts could feel neglected or not good enough.
A Practical approach
- Make a list of things that tempts you to masturbate and get rid of them. This is mainly emptying all pornographic content and controlling access to it.
- Keep yourself engaged in other activities, set goals and objectives for you to achieve that keep you busy, preventing you from engaging in these activities.
- Takes a lot of persistence but utilize the time in something useful like your hobbies which take your mind off it. If there are specific times when you get the urge, get busy with other activities then.
- Sometimes it’s a result of loneliness or boredom. If that’s the case, don’t stay indoors for long hours, go out and be in the company of others or spend time in public places.
- Stopping the practice is definitely not easy and takes a lot of will power and commitment. It is important to understand that it takes time and isn’t immediate. Sometimes the urge is high and you could even give in to temptation. Just keep yourself motivated, tell yourself how far you’ve come and this pride could keep you going.
- If none of these work for you, there’s always professional help available. Many communities and counsellors can be of help. Support groups, counselling sessions and online forums help by taking into account a holistic approach to the problem and help you resolve it.
It is important to understand that sexual urges are normal and a common human tendency that is nothing to be worried about. There’s always help available so don’t punish yourself or lose hope.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.