- by Jiyo Natural
- 0 Shares
- Feb 12 2017
Unlike regular fish oils that are extracted from any many deep sea oily fish tissues, cod liver oil is extracted only from the liver of the Atlantic cod. The essential oils extracted have high nutrient content and has many medicinal properties.
Cod liver oil is normally taken as a dietary supplement that are available in the form of capsules. It is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamins A and D. Apart from the nutritional value, cod liver oil has many health benefits:
- It provides you with the essential fats that keep your skin glowing and boosts your immunity system.
- Healthy fats slow-down the break down into sugars which ensures your blood sugar levels are kept in check. Additionally, these fats also boost your brain functioning.
- Consuming cod liver oil relieves Arthritis patients with joint pains and stiffness. It has helped many osteoarthrities and rheumatoid patients reduce the symptoms of the disease.
- The omega -3 acids improve your eye health and prevent age-related macular degeneration.
- Being a powerhouse of Vitamin D, this supplement reduces your risk of type 2 diabetes because the vitamin regulates insulin secretion.
- It reduces progression of cancer as vitamin D regulates cell growth.
- It improves your brain function and is helpful during old age.
- Boosting Vitamin D reduces complications during pregnancy as deficiency increases the need for a cesarean due to clamping.
- Applying cod liver oil ointment fastens the healing process of wounds and cuts.
However, consuming large amounts of the oil has side effects due to toxins present in the fish. It is best to consult an expert and understand the necessary information before taking the supplement.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.