Natural remedies for skin allergies in children
Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
Thippasandra, Bengaluru Apr 30, 2019
Many kids show symptoms of skin allergies due to dry skin or due to allergens they are exposed to while playing. Mild allergies can be treated at home with simple ingredients and changes.
For symptoms of skin allergies you can try these remedies:
- Try a lukewarm water bath followed by application of aloe vera gel to the irritated area
- Applying calendula cream on the affected skin
- A plain, fragrance-free moisturising cream for dry skin
- Adding baking soda or oatmeal to the bathing water helps in relieving rashes and irritation
- Fragrance-free bath oils also prevent dry skin and itching
- Petroleum jelly keeps the skin moisturised and helps in preventing dry skin and diaper rashes
- Opt for a mild soap that is gentle on the skin and does not contain any allergy-causing ingredients
- PS: The above are only suggestions. We recommend you to consult your child’s health care provider for any health-related issues or before using any medications or remedies.