Natural Kidney cleanses, according to Ayurveda
Medikoe Wellness Expert
80 feet road indira nagar, Bengaluru Jan 4, 2022
In today's world, where lifestyles are sedentary, and our body has become our last priority, our delicate organs bear the brunt. Kidneys are one such pair of organs that need a little attention in return for the accentuated chores they carry out. Kidneys are among the essential organs in the human body because they help remove waste, maintain fluid balance and filter mineral and toxic substances in the blood. The dysfunction of kidneys can cause toxins and excess fluids to build up in the body, which can eventually cause kidney failure. Medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension and high blood pressure are common diseases caused by malfunctioning kidneys. To take care of your overall health, natural cleansing of the kidneys is essential. Ayurveda is one such form of medicine that is in sync with nature and is the best healer.
Following are a few simple methods by which you can detox your kidneys naturally.
The first rule to staying healthy is hydrating. One glass of water the first thing in the morning will help you prevent any kidney-related issues. Kidneys act as filters for the body. They filter out the toxins from the body; water is essential. Good kidney health begins with hydrating—the more water intake, the better the secretion of toxins from the body.
2. Whip up a smoothie!
Foods like apple, spinach, kale and blueberries are the best for improving your kidney health. While many of us loathe their consumption, a smoothie comes to the rescue!
- Add an apple, spinach, tofu, blueberries, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and some almond milk to whip up a good bowl of smoothie that'll satisfy your need to detox along with your hunger and need for good taste.
- Beetroot and Apple Smoothie: Beetroot contains B10, beneficial phytochemicals with antioxidant properties. On the other hand, Apple includes a pectin fibre, promoting kidney health. Blend one of each with a squeeze of lemon and enjoy fresh.
3. If you're a chai lover, this one's for you.
- Hydrangea is a root used to cure Urinary tract infections such as kidney stones, urethra and prostate. A powdered form of this root, when consumed in the form of tea, can result in a good detox of the kidneys.
- Sambong is another shrub found in the Northern parts of India that can be consumed in various supplements to prevent kidney damage.
4. Cook kidney detox foods in olive oil
- Garlic has the best anti-inflammatory properties. For people on dialysis, this is the best replacement for salt. Your grandma was right when she added these foods while cooking.
- Cauliflower can make up for an excellent substitute for potatoes, especially when mashed. It is also a good source of vitamin B and vitamin K.
- Turnip this root is loaded with fibre and contains a good amount of B6 and manganese, just the proper nutrition for healthy kidneys.
- Onions are very common in any form of Indian cooking, and now we know why. Onions are potent antioxidants rich in vitamin C, vitamin B and manganese.
Pro Tip: Make sure you cook them all in a few spoons of olive oil for them to benefit your kidneys the best.
5. Consume Kidney cleansing beverages
Fenugreek or methi seeds drink: Soak a tablespoon of methi seeds in water overnight. In the morning, boil it in water and add a dash of lemon.
Ladies Finger drink:
- Take four ladies' fingers and chop off their tips.
- Soak them in luke water overnight.
- In the morning, remove the okra from the water, boil it, and consume it.
These drinks will help regulate blood sugar levels and detox your kidneys.
6. Herbs to include in your diet
Some ingredients that are claimed to cleanse the kidneys include:
- Red clover
- Dandelion tea
- Marshmallow root
7. Foods to include in your diet:
Kidney cleansing foods to include in your diet:
- Beet juice
- Lemon juice
- Cranberry juice
- Pumpkin seeds
8. Vitamins to include in your diet
Some proponents recommend incorporating the following vitamins and minerals into a kidney cleanse:
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B6
Signs that the detox is working
To give the scientific establishment to the observations which show that specific Ayurvedic treatments significantly correct albuminuria and serum creatinine value, which are the cardinal features of CRF, and improve the renal function, which is evident by a reduction in serum creatinine and blood urea levels. Besides this, your skin also shows signs of detoxing. You could break out in a rash, itch, or sweat more than usual. Emotionally, you might experience mood swings. Your mood might fluctuate from sadness to anxiousness.
Who needs a Kidney Detox?
If your blood pressure is elevated
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, there is a correlation between high blood pressure and impaired kidney function. High blood pressure, in particular, puts you at risk of damaging blood vessels in the kidneys, which interferes with their capacity to function correctly.
If your body retains water
If your kidneys are overworked and not functioning correctly, you may retain water, especially in your feet and ankles. When fluid builds up in these places, it usually causes oedema.
If you feel tired more than usual
You may experience difficulty concentrating as well as a drop in energy levels, in addition to excessive tiredness. Trouble sleeping, dry and itchy skin, a need to urinate more frequently, and a poor appetite are all indicators that your kidneys may be failing.
Are you looking for a health expert around you?
Medikoe is an online platform that allows you to search and connect with the most qualified and experienced doctors near you. Have a query related to health? Get it answered for free within 24 hours only at Medikoe. Download Medikoe's Mobile app and book an appointment with a doctor for free.